Windows 10: Text to Voice Edge Replaement

Discus and support Text to Voice Edge Replaement in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using the Edge Text to Voice tool. Much to my chagrin, I found today that it has been removed. I looked at a few on the extensions only one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mikeincousa, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Text to Voice Edge Replaement

I have been using the Edge Text to Voice tool. Much to my chagrin, I found today that it has been removed. I looked at a few on the extensions only one worked and it did not have the same functionality as the one that has been removed. In desperation and immediate need I installed the Text to Voice app. But very regrettable it requires a cut and pastd-and-it re-formats my letters into 40-column mode, to my chagrin.

I really liked the old one because could import a *.pdf of my work, listen to it, stop it to make corrections on the text version, run it forward and back, .....

This is a CRITICAL too for me when crafting professional letters.

Any suggestion for one that has the same functionality as the one Microsoft took out of Edge?

Know of one that works directly with LibreOffice Writer that does the same?

Thanks for any suggestions will be appreciated.

OP-1

:)

mikeincousa, Jun 30, 2020
  2. enrix Win User

word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

enrix, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft bringing cloud powered voices to Microsoft Edge Insiders

Source: Bringing cloud powered voices to Microsoft Edge Insiders - Microsoft Edge Blog

See also: Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds are now ready for you to try

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Text to Voice Edge Replaement

Microsoft bringing cloud powered voices to Microsoft Edge Insiders

Source: Bringing cloud powered voices to Microsoft Edge Insiders - Microsoft Edge Blog

See also: Microsoft Edge Insider preview builds are now ready for you to try

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Text to Voice Edge Replaement

1. Text to Voice Edge Replaement - Similar Threads - Text Voice Edge

2. Voice to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice to text: It is surprising to notice that Microsoft is using Google speech to text. I admire the cooperation of two giants. But Microsoft has good speech to text engine that it uses in one note. Why swiftkey is not utilizing it? * Changed to a discussion* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Voice to text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice to text: It is surprising to notice that Microsoft is using Google speech to text. I admire the cooperation of two giants. But Microsoft has good speech to text engine that it uses in one note. Why swiftkey is not utilizing it? * Changed to a discussion* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Windows voice to text

Windows voice to text: My voice to text stopped working on my Surface Pro 2 last week and it still is not working. I get an error code that tells me to try back later. I've seen several people posting the same thing and they're still has been no solution given. I am a quadriplegic and I need this...
  5. Voice to text not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice to text not working: Entering Win+H brings up the voice-to-text prompt, but every time I get "You'll need the internet for this. It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf" However, internet is very definitely connected I'm using it to...
  6. Voice to text not working

Voice to text not working: Entering Win+H brings up the voice-to-text prompt, but every time I get "You'll need the internet for this. It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf" However, internet is very definitely connected I'm using it to...
  7. Voice to text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice to text: Gets stuck on "initialising" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-to-text/1ab5e96a-ed16-4d1c-8702-f03de447f51e
  8. Text to Voice Edge Replaement

in Windows 10 Support
    Text to Voice Edge Replaement: I have been using the Edge Text to Voice tool. Much to my chagrin, I found today that it has been removed. I looked at a few on the extensions only one worked and it did not have the same functionality as the one that has been removed. In desperation and immediate need I...
  9. Voice to Text . . .

Voice to Text . . .: I'm looking, for a way. That when I speak. The words are typed, into a notepad document. I can talk to Alexa, and Cortana. Would that be a way, to type into Notepad? That way, creating a document. For a forum posting, would be easy. Or, would it take. A 3rd party app, to...
  10. Voice to text

Voice to text: I was trying to get sound on my speakers, which ironically are working fine now. However, I somehow managed to activate the text to voice ability. Now everything I do and type (including this!!) has a guy telling me exactly what I am doing'! Please, please can someone...