Windows 10: Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?

Discus and support Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The text for some reason has gone really large under my icons on my desktop. The icons themselves appear to be the same size, but I'm not sure what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Seventy70seven, May 30, 2020.

1. Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?

The text for some reason has gone really large under my icons on my desktop. The icons themselves appear to be the same size, but I'm not sure what is going on. I've updated my nvidia driver, as I thought it might be something to do with that, but that didn't help at all, any ideas?

I use a laptop and maybe it's synced with that somehow, but my laptop uses a full hd screen, and my desktop has an ultrawide. It's kinda strange?

submitted by /u/Seventy70seven
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Seventy70seven, May 30, 2020
  2. iremnasir Win User

how to make desktop text larger

How to make desktop icons and text larger on windows 8.1

iremnasir, May 30, 2020
  3. how to make text in icon on desktop larger

how do I make text in icon on desktop larger. Everytime my computer updates the icon text goes back to being small so I can't read it. Then I delete the update and it updates again. UGH

***Moved from Office / Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2013***

Nancy and Jerry, May 30, 2020
  4. denmarfl Win User

Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?

Windows 10; Desktop Icons & Text much too Small

Please tell me its not so!

PC just completed Windows10 1703 Update. prior version 1607 there was a user setting ....right click Desktop\Display\a setting to customoze desktop Icons and text Size. There were 6 to 8 individual settings you could change to make selected Icons\Text
    larger. Default setting was always 9; I always set to 11. These setting also adjusted system settings like Text in Outlook Folder list and dropdown Menus like when you click right on desktop dropdown Menu opens....the menu Text is too small. I was unable
    to find this setting in this new 1703 Install and doing some research found articles advises Microsoft removed these Desktop Icon\text setting? Suggested method to adjust them larger s a complicated Registry entries (and not sure I would tackle it). No way....if
    so why would they remove this? Surely there must be an easy way to make the adjustments.....not everyone has "young" eyes.

The Desktop Icons and text on my desktop with 1703 installed is much too small for me. Please tell me I either have just failed to find the setting to adjust the Desktop Icons\text Size as I did in all prior Windows versions, or, there is an easier way
    to get them larger without having to get into the Registry.

denmarfl, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?

1. Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger? - Similar Threads - Text under desktop

2. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  3. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  4. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disappearing shadow under icon text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing shadow under icon text.: On Windows Server 2019, after setting a white wallpaper, I have a problem with shadows under the icon text. When hovering the mouse cursor the shadow disappears. The icon text stays white and is invisible. I have several RDS servers clones and the problem is random not on...
  6. Disappearing shadow under icon text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing shadow under icon text.: On Windows Server 2019, after setting a white wallpaper, I have a problem with shadows under the icon text. When hovering the mouse cursor the shadow disappears. The icon text stays white and is invisible. I have several RDS servers clones and the problem is random not on...
  7. How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?: The Alt 255 thing doesn't work for me submitted by /u/thegodamn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mifigh/how_can_i_hide_the_text_under_icons_on_the_desktop/
  8. Icons suddenly larger at recommended scaling.

Icons suddenly larger at recommended scaling.: I recently had Windows reinstalled on my laptop after a driver failed. After getting things set up, I noticed that my taskbar gets filled up faster. Eventually, I also noted that certain apps looked cramped and, in some cases, blurrier too. I've tried changing the scaling...
  9. Increase text length (prevent text wrapping) under Desktop icons?

Increase text length (prevent text wrapping) under Desktop icons?: I've read references in increasing icon spacing via Regedit tweaks, but will that also increase the text length under icons before the text wraps to a new line. For example a folder named "Screen Grabs" displays both words on one line with Win7 but breaks it into 2 lines with...
  10. Outlined text under desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlined text under desktop icons: Hi. The text under my desktop icons are "outlined" and very hard to read (see screenshot). Where can I change this setting? Thanks. [img] 95463