Windows 10: TextBox makes an application hang in Windows 10 (version 1903) when its text ends with "\r"...

Discus and support TextBox makes an application hang in Windows 10 (version 1903) when its text ends with "\r"... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My name is Stanislav Shchelokovskiy. I'm a software engineer representing the WinForms team at DevExpress. Recently we were reported that our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WinForms TeamDevExpress, Sep 9, 2019.

1. TextBox makes an application hang in Windows 10 (version 1903) when its text ends with "\r"...

My name is Stanislav Shchelokovskiy. I'm a software engineer representing the WinForms team at DevExpress.

Recently we were reported that our MemoEdit component makes an application hang when its text ends with the "\r" character, and a new text, which ends with the "\n" character, is assigned. This issue is still reproducible in Windows 10, version 1903.

Internally, our MemoEdit uses standard TextBox for processing its text.

Having researched this issue, we found that TextBox causes this issue.

Here are a sample project and an application that reproduce this issue.

To reproduce this behavior, do the following:

1) Run the sample project / application .

2) Click the Test button.

Refer to the video that demonstrates the result and steps to reproduce this issue.

The expected result is that TextBox doesn't make the application hang in this scenario.

It's important to resolve this issue because it may affect our customers who use the MemoEdit component.

If you are aware of this problem, are there any workarounds available?

Thank you.

:)

WinForms TeamDevExpress, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

3D Paint Textbox Moving By Itself Issue

Hi Sami,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when Windows features do not work as they are supposed to, however, upon checking this on multiple computers, I was able to position the textbox as per my requirements. It seems that there
    is some issue with the application settings on your end.

I would suggest to reset the application or reinstall it, to achieve this, please follow the steps given below.

Go to Settings->Apps->Apps & features->Paint 3D->Advanced options->Reset.

If resetting the application does not work, it would suggest to uninstall it and reinstall it from Store. Please follow the steps mentioned below.

• Right click on Start button (Windows logo) and choose
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    • Type Get-AppxPackage *Paint3D* | Remove-AppxPackage and hit the
      Enter key.
    • Upon the successful completion of the above command, Paint 3D will be removed from the computer.
    • Launch Windows Store and reinstall the application.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2019
  4. TextBox makes an application hang in Windows 10 (version 1903) when its text ends with "\r"...

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

TextBox makes an application hang in Windows 10 (version 1903) when its text ends with "\r"...

1. TextBox makes an application hang in Windows 10 (version 1903) when its text ends with "\r"... - Similar Threads - TextBox makes application

2. hanging applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hanging applications: So i just recently encountered explorer.exe hanging for over 9 minutes and it did nothing. isn't there a hangtime detection system "event viewer does recognize it hung" that's supposed to remove the hung application?"The program explorer.exe version 10.0.22621.1344 stopped...
  3. No password textbox when signing in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password textbox when signing in?: I have a Dell computer which came with Windows 10 software.Recently I have:Upgraded to Windows 11 1 month agoPlugged in new speakers 2 weeks agoAlso relevant:We have many power outagesIn the past, since I got it, when I told my computer to update and restart, it would shut...
  4. No password textbox when signing in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password textbox when signing in?: I have a Dell computer which came with Windows 10 software.Recently I have:Upgraded to Windows 11 1 month agoPlugged in new speakers 2 weeks agoAlso relevant:We have many power outagesIn the past, since I got it, when I told my computer to update and restart, it would shut...
  5. Unreadable decapitated text in excel dialogue textboxes when Windows font size is 125%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreadable decapitated text in excel dialogue textboxes when Windows font size is 125%: With poor vision I need larger size text display. 125%However dialogue textboxes do not resize, although the text within is larger and becomes unreadable, being of excess heightThis happens in particular in Pivot-table and Chart dialogues where a connection name or sheet or...
  6. Windows 10 Application Hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Application Hang: Hello everyone, last night I was gaming on my PC, as time went on and I got bored, I began switching server's in game, every hour to two hours. However, when I switched to another server, and right as it was joining I should note my application hung according to Windows. I...
  7. Microsoft will enforce Windows 10 version 1903 upgrades because of end of support

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will enforce Windows 10 version 1903 upgrades because of end of support: Windows 10 version 1903 will reach end of support next month on December 8, 2020 for all supported editions of the operating system. The version of Windows 10 was released on May 21, 2019 and Microsoft has released three newer versions of Windows 10 since that date. End of...
  8. Windows 10 version 1903 will reach end of servicing on Dec. 8, 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903 will reach end of servicing on Dec. 8, 2020: All editions of Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows 10 Server, version 1903 will reach end of service on December 8, 2020. After this date, devices running these editions of Windows will no longer receive security updates. We recommend that you update these devices to a...
  9. Windows 10 Version 1903 support end is near (December 2020)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Version 1903 support end is near (December 2020): Support for the Windows 10 operating system version 1903 will end on December 8, 2020 for all supported editions. Windows 10 version 1903 was released as the first feature update for 2019 on May 21, 2019. Since it is the first feature update release of the year 2019, its...
  10. Insert a textbox so text wraps around it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insert a textbox so text wraps around it: In Word, how do I insert a textbox so text wraps around it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert-a-textbox-so-text-wraps-around-it/0345dd18-45b6-436b-855a-454a8d65fac4"