Windows 10: Textbox searchbox typing-delay in every browser

Discus and support Textbox searchbox typing-delay in every browser in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, first of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm unfortunately not a native speaker. My problem ist, that I have a delay, if I'm typing something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimoApp, Apr 23, 2020.

1. TimoApp Win User

Textbox searchbox typing-delay in every browser

Hello,

first of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm unfortunately not a native speaker.

My problem ist, that I have a delay, if I'm typing something in searchboxes like the main one on facebook or youtube. and some other websites, but it seems to happen only with searchboxes, but I'm not 100% sure

If I type some characters, they dont show up immediately, but after a couple of seconds. This delay time varies. In this time the tab is unresponsive and my CPU usage is going up. i7 6700k up to 20-30%. After the dealy, the characters are showing up in the same rythm like I typed them before. After this everything works smooth again for some time on this particular searchbox. But after I did not use this searchbox for a while or if I refresh this website, its happening again.

I have to mention that this is not happening with every seachbox, some like the google, bing, ebay or duckduckgo searchbox are never showing this behavior. Amazon has a delay, but its so small that I barely recognize it But I know for sure that amazon has one, because my CPU is ramping up

Its happening with every browser: Chrome, Chrome Beta, Firefox Edge and Internet Explorer. Its also happening in private-mode and with all extensions deactivated. Hardware acceleration has no impact to this problem and I allready deleted all personal data and reinstalled chrome.

Its also happening if I deactivate all antivirus-programms.

Because of this, I think its a Windows 10 Problem.

This problem occurs since a couple of weeks. I cant tell, if its realted with a windows update. But I did not change any hardware or installed new software in this time. except automatic updates

My System:

i7 6700K, Asus Maximus 8, GTX 10606GB, 16GB DDR4, Samsung 970 Evo Plus, Windows 10 Version 1909 Build 18363.778

Main browser is chrome Version 81.0.4044.122 64-Bit and chrome beta Version 83.0.4103.24 beta 64-Bit

I couldnt find anything helpfull in the internet, so I hope you guys have some ideas.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

:)

TimoApp, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

3D Paint Textbox Moving By Itself Issue

Hi Sami,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when Windows features do not work as they are supposed to, however, upon checking this on multiple computers, I was able to position the textbox as per my requirements. It seems that there
    is some issue with the application settings on your end.

I would suggest to reset the application or reinstall it, to achieve this, please follow the steps given below.

Go to Settings->Apps->Apps & features->Paint 3D->Advanced options->Reset.

If resetting the application does not work, it would suggest to uninstall it and reinstall it from Store. Please follow the steps mentioned below.

• Right click on Start button (Windows logo) and choose
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    • Type Get-AppxPackage *Paint3D* | Remove-AppxPackage and hit the
      Enter key.
    • Upon the successful completion of the above command, Paint 3D will be removed from the computer.
    • Launch Windows Store and reinstall the application.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 23, 2020
  3. stephen88 Win User
    Issue with using 'return key' in multiline textbox

When I use multiline textbox, I got strange behavier, when I type the 'enter' key, instead of going to next line, the textbox expand to whole form area, still editable, then return key works, and I see two buttons showed below the form: Done and Cancel,
    push either one, textbox will back to original shape and size (and if type 'return' key, will expand again), seems 'return' key trigers the textbox internal event, pop up a default form, and whatever I set the acceptsReturn property 'true' or 'false' for textbox,
    it functions same.

I use visual studio 8 as development tool, and windows mobile 6 standard emulator, can somebody give me a suggestion?

Thanks.

stephen88, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Textbox searchbox typing-delay in every browser

defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Textbox searchbox typing-delay in every browser

1. Textbox searchbox typing-delay in every browser - Similar Threads - Textbox searchbox typing

2. Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's: I'm not sure if older posts get archived or something but I posted an issue regarding the incapability of typing inside of Microsoft TextBox's. Here's the post on it:Restarting PC makes Windows 10 Frames Unresponsive to typing - Microsoft CommunityI've found a temporary...
  3. Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's: I'm not sure if older posts get archived or something but I posted an issue regarding the incapability of typing inside of Microsoft TextBox's. Here's the post on it:Restarting PC makes Windows 10 Frames Unresponsive to typing - Microsoft CommunityI've found a temporary...
  4. Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Typing delays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Typing delays: So when I type or play games (basically use my keyboard). It'll work and I'll type but the letters wont appear until seconds after. In games ill hold like the D key let go and still move submitted by /u/raydingus [link] [comments]...
  6. Typing delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing delay: When I type a sentence and then I have to wait few seconds to get all the words. All other functions works fine and my computer is not slow for sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-delay/bea90a26-0835-41c3-bdcc-b5d1f034d417
  7. Unable to type in windows-specific textboxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to type in windows-specific textboxes: Hello, I have this weird problem where if I try to type in the the start search bar, or a text box in the windows settings menu, or even in the Edge browser, it seems to select the next element after the first letter is typed, preventing any additional characters from being...
  8. Textbox (searchbox) typing-lag in every browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Textbox (searchbox) typing-lag in every browser: Hello, first of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm unfortunately not a native speaker. My problem ist, that I have a delay, if I'm typing something in searchboxes like the main one on facebook, youtube or even reddit. (and many other websites, but it seems to happen only...
  9. Browsers delayed launch

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers delayed launch: Hello everyone. I have a small (but irritating) problem that I need help with. Recently (can't exactly remember when) Firefox and Chrome started taking too long to launch. After launch there is no slowdown or choppiness, they both run fine. The time to launch for each browser...
  10. typing delayed

in Windows 10 Support
    typing delayed: Have Windows 10 installed on HP 110 computer. Using mail let finger rest on key while thinking...and box came up and disappeared before I could read it...since then there's a few second lag...have to hold key down for several seconds and letter comes up...cannot type fast as...