Windows 10: Texting on Win 10?

Discus and support Texting on Win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Guys, Is there any way to do texting on Win 10 (1803) without involving a cell phone? My land line is a wireless AT&T line so I'm hoping it could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by esebm, Apr 30, 2019.

1. esebm Win User

Texting on Win 10?

Guys,
    Is there any way to do texting on Win 10 (1803) without involving a cell phone?
    My land line is a wireless AT&T line so I'm hoping it could be utilized.
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Apr 30, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Dr.Bob007 Win User
    predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Why would a User who has encountered the problem of 'Predictive Text' suddenly now missing from their Windows 10 mobile device "Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text”"?

This strikes me as illogical to resolving the identified problem. I might understand if you instructed the User to restart their device then turn it On to see if toggling the setting might re-enable this service. However, that not being stated suggests an
    oversight/error.

In my situation, my Lumia 950 XL no longer simply identifies 'correct' words as before. This became noticeable prior to the recent 9 step + 8 step series of Windows 10 Mobile updates.

I found this predictive text service quite helpful with respect to my 'large' fore-finger tip often unintentionally touching adjacent characters resulting in typing errors ranging from quite simple to utterly deranged 'words' which often are corrected by
    simply touching one of the array of suggested alternate options available.

Dr.Bob007, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Texting on Win 10?

text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Texting on Win 10?

1. Texting on Win 10? - Similar Threads - Texting

2. Arrow keys started selecting text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys started selecting text: Seems that accidentally I have hit some key which has caused arrow keys and 'end' key to highlight (select) text. Never had this previously. I'm aware of the num lock key to toggle this feature, but then I am unable to use the number keypad. Any ideas please?...
  3. Overlapping text/fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Overlapping text/fonts: Hi Microsoft team, I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 10. The new OS is unable to identify multiple fonts(including pre-installed fonts provided by Microsoft). In a nutshell, font type Calibri and Arial are working perfectly until i change it to Century gothic or...
  4. Microsoft Text Input Application/Inicio (Start in English) processes

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Text Input Application/Inicio (Start in English) processes: I updated to W10 1903 last night. After the update, I found two processes in Task manager that I never seen before, Microsoft Text Input Application and Inicio. Inicio means Start in Spanish. Does anyone know what they are and what they do? The one called Inicio perhaps does...
  5. find text somwhere on my computer or in a file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    find text somwhere on my computer or in a file name: Find text somewhere on my computer. May be in a file name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-text-somwhere-on-my-computer-or-in-a-file/c83d94d4-0848-4e38-89c9-19df41aa166d"
  6. How Do I Change the Text Icons in my Documents Folder to Word Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Change the Text Icons in my Documents Folder to Word Icons?: I am trying to change the Text icons in my Documents folder to Word icons. My OS is WIN 10 Pro 64-bit and I have Office Pro Plus 2016. I have tried the following fixes that I found on the Internet, none of which changed the icons: --Right click on a word...
  7. Notepad command line to open file and find text ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Notepad command line to open file and find text ?: Hello & Thanks , I would like to call Notepad from another program sending to it a command line to open Filename and FIND a specific text . Plz , How can this be done ? Thanks 133107
  8. Random numbers appear in text I have a surface pro cover

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random numbers appear in text I have a surface pro cover: whe8n dypi8ng When typing the foregoing happens. I have installed keyboard driver update and trouble shoot says functioning ok. I am using the touch keyboard tablet mode, tx...
  9. Text to speech not working

Text to speech not working: I have a laptop which I had brought a year ago . the issue is that when I listen PDF books using read aloud or text to speech feature, it is working fine in books which are written in English but when I tried to do the same with Hindi written books it is not able to give a...
  10. The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10

The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I took both my laptops into a computer shop because the text changed to a very thin, spidery appearance. The techies said that there was nothing wrong. So I went to a retail computer shop. The salesman showed me the laptops. I told him about the thin text...