Windows 10: Texting on Win 10?

Discus and support Texting on Win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Guys, Is there any way to do texting on Win 10 (1803) without involving a cell phone? My land line is a wireless AT&T line so I'm hoping it could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by esebm, Apr 30, 2019.

1. esebm Win User

Texting on Win 10?

Guys,
    Is there any way to do texting on Win 10 (1803) without involving a cell phone?
    My land line is a wireless AT&T line so I'm hoping it could be utilized.
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Apr 30, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Dr.Bob007 Win User
    predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Why would a User who has encountered the problem of 'Predictive Text' suddenly now missing from their Windows 10 mobile device "Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text”"?

This strikes me as illogical to resolving the identified problem. I might understand if you instructed the User to restart their device then turn it On to see if toggling the setting might re-enable this service. However, that not being stated suggests an
    oversight/error.

In my situation, my Lumia 950 XL no longer simply identifies 'correct' words as before. This became noticeable prior to the recent 9 step + 8 step series of Windows 10 Mobile updates.

I found this predictive text service quite helpful with respect to my 'large' fore-finger tip often unintentionally touching adjacent characters resulting in typing errors ranging from quite simple to utterly deranged 'words' which often are corrected by
    simply touching one of the array of suggested alternate options available.

Dr.Bob007, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Texting on Win 10?

text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Texting on Win 10?

1. Texting on Win 10? - Similar Threads - Texting

2. Windows 10 - Zoom Text Keyboard acting funny

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Zoom Text Keyboard acting funny: HiI have a friend who has 96% Vision loss so he uses a special software called Zoom Text which also comes with a Zoom Text Keyboard.Everything was working fine until his last Windows Update. All of a sudden he has to DOUBLE TAP keys to get them to either go upper case or back...
  3. Windows 10 - Zoom Text Keyboard acting funny

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Zoom Text Keyboard acting funny: HiI have a friend who has 96% Vision loss so he uses a special software called Zoom Text which also comes with a Zoom Text Keyboard.Everything was working fine until his last Windows Update. All of a sudden he has to DOUBLE TAP keys to get them to either go upper case or back...
  4. Windows 10 - Zoom Text Keyboard acting funny

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Verification Text Doesn't Work: I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not receiving texts to verify. I got locked out of my account for 30 days a few months ago after cloning my HD and I don't want to...
  6. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

Account Verification Text Doesn't Work: I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not receiving texts to verify. I got locked out of my account for 30 days a few months ago after cloning my HD and I don't want to...
  7. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?: Dear Microsoft support,I am trying to download Croatian TTS male voice Matej, but among all other languages/options Croatian TTS is not available for download :https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=27224however it is listed as supported and available here...
  9. Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?

Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?: Dear Microsoft support,I am trying to download Croatian TTS male voice Matej, but among all other languages/options Croatian TTS is not available for download :https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=27224however it is listed as supported and available here...
  10. Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...

Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old version of Notepad because I like how it's more simple and it opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall the new Notepad through the start menu and...