Windows 10: Texts for account verification

Discus and support Texts for account verification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every day or so I am getting texts saying "use this code for Microsoft verification". I think that someone is trying to hack into my account. What... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoChisholm, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Texts for account verification

Every day or so I am getting texts saying "use this code for Microsoft verification". I think that someone is trying to hack into my account. What should I be doing to protect my account?

:)

JoChisholm, Feb 7, 2019

2. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Texts for account verification

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Texts for account verification

1. Texts for account verification - Similar Threads - Texts account verification

2. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Verification Text Doesn't Work: I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not receiving texts to verify. I got locked out of my account for 30 days a few months ago after cloning my HD and I don't want to...
  3. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Verification Text Doesn't Work: I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not receiving texts to verify. I got locked out of my account for 30 days a few months ago after cloning my HD and I don't want to...
  4. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Not receiving account verification texts.

Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  6. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  7. Not receiving account verification texts.

8. Not receiving the SMS Verification Text

Not receiving the SMS Verification Text: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11, and I am asked to verify my Microsoft account. The only verification method that i use is "Sending a text", and it asks for my phone number, which i enter correctly. Then, it says that a text has been sent, which never arrives....
  9. Microsoft Vault-Text for Verification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Vault-Text for Verification: Is it possible to have more than one phone number as an option to receive a text code for verification? In other words, can I select one phone number over another if both are on my account? If so, how do I set this up?...
  10. Problem with MS account verification via text

Problem with MS account verification via text: Hi. I was trying to change my Microsoft Password. The verification screen choices include 'send text to my landline number' and 'send email to my work email address'. I checked my MS account info. It shows my mobile number and personal email address. How can I change it so...