Windows 10: Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing

Discus and support Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I turned on my Acer Aspire laptop today which usually takes time to boot and found out that the icons on my desktop screen are missing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mio28, Feb 6, 2021.

1. /u/mio28 Win User

Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing

Hello. I turned on my Acer Aspire laptop today which usually takes time to boot and found out that the icons on my desktop screen are missing. Furthermore, text on the Chrome tabs are gone too.

I couldn't run command prompt or the registry as it just opens as white screen and then disappears. I couldn't do anything Windows Explorer or folder-related as all texts are missing. Hope anyone who has gone through the same issue could help me with this.

(+) history of repeat cycle of restart when asked to shutdown (+) installed all Windows 10 updates (including optional ones) (+) text on Chrome search are very tiny (+) antivirus I have are free versions of Kaspersky and Malwarebytes

Since my view is limited as I am blinded with all folders/files having no text, is there any way I can backup all files which all come from just one local drive (C)? Thank you.

submitted by /u/mio28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mio28, Feb 6, 2021
  2. idgat Win User

Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

I assume your referring to the Location tab in the Properties of user folders .... Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Pictures, etc

If the tab is missing, it would suggest you're not looking at/accessing the actual user system folder, but simply folders that have the same name(s).

Do the folder listing(s) in Windows/File Explorer have the user system icon, or are they just plain common everyday folder icons?

Try restoring the icons to their default location C:\Users\username\

Note : "Restoring" doesn't mean simply copy/move > paste. The registry has to be adjusted accordingly. This forum has steps to do just that ...
    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

Looking at this part, and having second thooughts ...

Yo don't "create" user system folders, you have to re-locate them from the original system location (as indicated above).

But if you're referring to everyday-usage user-created personal folders ..... they don't have a Location tab.

idgat, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing :D

PVTCaboose1337, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing

1. Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing - Similar Threads - Texts Files Folder

2. Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged: Hello, reposting from Google Chrome Help since I got no replies, so I was wondering if it's a Windows issue/feature. The post was locked and got 19 upvotes. This occured on Dec 6th 2023.The icons of my Chrome tab groups have WIDENED. I'm not sure when this happened or what I...
  3. Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged: Hello, reposting from Google Chrome Help since I got no replies, so I was wondering if it's a Windows issue/feature. The post was locked and got 19 upvotes. This occured on Dec 6th 2023.The icons of my Chrome tab groups have WIDENED. I'm not sure when this happened or what I...
  4. Desktop Icon and Folder Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon and Folder Text: Can someone direct me to where I can change the font color of icons and folders appearing on recently acquired HP Envy X360 Laptop running Windows 10? Default seems to be white text which is not legible on light blue background. Need to change either the text color or the...
  5. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  6. Tab icons missing.

in Browsers and Email
    Tab icons missing.: Many websites I usually visit have lost their tab icons and are showing a generic earth type icon instead. Does anybody know what the problem is? [img] 131924
  7. Security Tab Missing on Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Tab Missing on Folders: Good day, I was installing a game and need to patch it so that it would work on windows 10 but a patch won't be applied unless I access the security tab to change the permission to full control. What to do ?...
  8. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing: I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to...
  9. Icons missing (But program text remains)

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing (But program text remains): [img] So this is my problem, as you can see, the program names are there, but all the icons, including the taskbar icons, and the icons in file explorer/task manager, are gone, before anyone asks, clicking to hide or show icons just makes the text disappear as well. When...
  10. Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics: I am having issue with the text and icons not appearing in the right click menus including property menus and other dialogue boxes. [img] [img] restarting solves the issue for a while but it appears again after sometime. Please suggest a solution. I am having Intel(R)...