Windows 10: Textures wont load in my game, I have tried multiple ways to fix the problem and still cant...

Discus and support Textures wont load in my game, I have tried multiple ways to fix the problem and still cant... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried multiple ways to fix the problem and still cant figure it out. I am playing Fortnite and once I load into a game my textures don't load.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WyattS17, Apr 9, 2020.

1. WyattS17 Win User

Textures wont load in my game, I have tried multiple ways to fix the problem and still cant...

I have tried multiple ways to fix the problem and still cant figure it out. I am playing Fortnite and once I load into a game my textures don't load. Please help.

Windows 10

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming

Graphic card version : 445.75

:)

WyattS17, Apr 9, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Textures Not Loading In My Game

[EDIT: I had a quick run around opened Firefox with three tabs including a video, and also had the Epic Launcher, and a small

Window open, and Alt-TAB out and back didn't affect the textures.

I'm wondering why your textures go missing at all as the game does not actually minimise. It just gets pushed to the background.

If I Alt-TAB to a smaller Window such as the EPIC Launcher the game is still there with that Window on top. ]

- Yes, as Grame mentioned some games don't respond well to Alt+TAB out and in. Taking a long time to load the textures is not so bad

considering some games won't load again at all.I was going to test Alt+TAB with Fortnite, but can't launch the game until EPIC do a 4.8GB update

(I only recently installed Fortnite Battle Royal mode mainly because of EPIC launcing their own site,

but I don't do much online play and done more than have a quick run around. )

- Why are you using all low settings ? This can actually be counterprodiuctive when using a gpu that is capable of runninga game at high settings as it can push more processing onto the cpu. Your RX580 should have no problems running with high settings.

If Alt+TAB is not the reason for the textures taking a long time to load, using low settings may be the reason ?

BossDweeb, Apr 9, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User

You could just turn the shadows off and adjust the other settings so there is no lag. If you have Vsync enabled disabling that

can also help with lag. I wouild have thought your gpu could handle high settings (Epic would obviously be a bit much) at 1080,

or even 1440p without lag. 4K would obviously be a killer res though.

Anyway never mind that...

- What are your average frame rates ? Are they steady or do the spike down below 30fps ?

- I'm still curious as to why the textures need to be re-loaded at all (maybe because of the multi-tasking using system RAM ?).
    I was thinking your were Alt-TAB out of the game before, but I see that you can minimise the game from the games screen when paused as well.

As far as I can tell, even when minimised the textures do not unload, and if I Alt-TAB out the game just gets pushed behind the

active Window so I know the textures don't unload when using Alt+TAB.

- Have you monitored your cpu, gpu, system RAM and VRAM use, and compared them when just running the game without

all the multi-tasking with when you multi-task while running the game ?

BossDweeb, Apr 9, 2020
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Textures wont load in my game, I have tried multiple ways to fix the problem and still cant...

- The i7 2600 is not really going to be worth the cost, or effort. The clock speed is almost the same as your i5, and Hyper-threading

can cause problems in some games, and with maybe a few exceptions it does not help much with games that can use it.

i5 2500 are still good gaming cpu's.

The recommended cpu for Fortnite is an i5 @2.8 GHz (i3 dual core @2.4GHz for minimum), so your 3.2GHz (base clock) should be fine.

- As it works out I have an i7 (Not my choice. It's what came with a second hand PC with an unreal price ). I'll reboot, re-enable

Hyper-threading and see what the results are with Fortnite, and come back within the hour.

[EDIT: The game does not have any issues with Hyper-threading, but if there were any gains they were hard to detect. A small

drop in cpu use of a few %, and maybe a couple of extra fps here and there, but nothing significant. I was only playing the Playground

option, so there wasn't much action. ]

- At least try running the game without trying to do so much other stuff to see if it helps.

I'm thinking if that does not help, the game may be the cause of the problem.
    Have you tried Verifying the game files

(EPIC Library - click on settings icon in game title and select Verify) ?

Doing that, and running the hardware monitors to see how much resources are being used is a whole lot easier than swapping out

your cpu... for very little performance gain, and possibly still having the same texture issue.

It will also help determine if you actually need more RAM.

- Have you been to the EPIC or other dedicated Fortnite forums to see if others are having problems with the textures ?

BossDweeb, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Textures wont load in my game, I have tried multiple ways to fix the problem and still cant... - Similar Threads - Textures wont load

2. Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.: Recently my PC has been giving me BSODs every time I load it, within 1 minute of launching to windows. The errors are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.I have tried multiple fixes, from switching parts such as the motherboard and my...
  3. Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.: Recently my PC has been giving me BSODs every time I load it, within 1 minute of launching to windows. The errors are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.I have tried multiple fixes, from switching parts such as the motherboard and my...
  4. Getting BSoD while gaming, have tried multiple fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSoD while gaming, have tried multiple fixes: Okay so I'll run through what's happening and what I've tried to do to fix it below.What's happening: Bought a brand new PC from iBuyPower. Started getting BSoD issues a few weeks in. Issue only exists while gaming and doesn't affect anything else. I've tried to get iBuyPower...
  5. Getting BSoD while gaming, have tried multiple fixes

Getting BSoD while gaming, have tried multiple fixes: Okay so I'll run through what's happening and what I've tried to do to fix it below.What's happening: Bought a brand new PC from iBuyPower. Started getting BSoD issues a few weeks in. Issue only exists while gaming and doesn't affect anything else. I've tried to get iBuyPower...
  6. Getting BSoD while gaming, have tried multiple fixes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. i have tried almost everything to fix Error 0xc00007b and it STILL wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have tried almost everything to fix Error 0xc00007b and it STILL wont work: I am Currently running windows 10. I have spent countless hours trying to fix this to no avail. I get this error when trying to launch multiple games on Steam and Epic.I have triedRepairing Corrupt System FilesRunning The Program As AdministratorReinstalling my...
  8. i have tried almost everything to fix Error 0xc00007b and it STILL wont work

i have tried almost everything to fix Error 0xc00007b and it STILL wont work: I am Currently running windows 10. I have spent countless hours trying to fix this to no avail. I get this error when trying to launch multiple games on Steam and Epic.I have triedRepairing Corrupt System FilesRunning The Program As AdministratorReinstalling my...
  9. My keyboard cant work i tried some method to fix it but i still cant fix it it still there.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard cant work i tried some method to fix it but i still cant fix it it still there.: hai today my keyboard laptop is not working again ive tried to uninstall the keyboard in device manager and itsz still there, and i tried to update the driver it still there, end task cortana it still there too, troubleshooting in settings and it says theres no problem and i...
  10. Textures Not Loading In My Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Textures Not Loading In My Game: Hey so i have a pretty good pc with an rx 580 sapphire special edition and a core i5 2500k with 8gb ddr3 ram. I play fortnite at lowest settings with 3d resolution at maximum. now when i open a webpage or a video on firefox when i go back onto fortnite and land my textures...