Windows 10: TFTP Server not working

Discus and support TFTP Server not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a microsoft surface pro and no matter what TFTP server I download and use I cannot transfer files from my switch. The TFTP server works fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seanterry2, Feb 19, 2019.

1. TFTP Server not working

I have a microsoft surface pro and no matter what TFTP server I download and use I cannot transfer files from my switch. The TFTP server works fine from my HP laptop and Dell but, not on the surface. Did a netstat -aon to see the PID associated with the TFTP server I have downloaded and it looks to be correct. On the switch it shows error accessing image and on the TFTP it show no activity during download attempt. TFTP client has been turned on and the firewall and anti-virus have been disabled. Has anyone ran into this issue and found a solution?

English>Windows>Windows10>Files, folders, & storage.

:)

seanterry2, Feb 19, 2019

2. TFTP server in Windows 10

Is there a native TFTP server in Windows 10?

The Ethernet switches that I manage can copy the configuration to a TFTP server. I need to save copies of the configurations and compare before and after each vendor firmware update. So I'm seeking such a server.

James R. Johnson, Feb 19, 2019
  3. graye Win User
    TFTP server in Windows 10

No, that's typically a "server" function... so, you'd expect to see that on Windows Server 2016, etc.

However, you can install a 3rd-party web server suite (such as Apache) that includes a TFTP server

graye, Feb 19, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

TFTP Server not working

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

TFTP Server not working

1. TFTP Server not working - Similar Threads - TFTP Server working

2. WSL: [Ubuntu] How to make a TFTP Server accessible from another PC ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL: [Ubuntu] How to make a TFTP Server accessible from another PC ?: Hello,I've just installed a TFT Server on my Windows 11 Machine under a WSL based Ubuntu installation, however I can not access it from another PC on the same network.Ubuntu shows a local IP Address of 192.168.x.x, though my PC is on 172.168.x.x - so I suspect I need some...
  3. WSL: [Ubuntu] How to make a TFTP Server accessible from another PC ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL: [Ubuntu] How to make a TFTP Server accessible from another PC ?: Hello,I've just installed a TFT Server on my Windows 11 Machine under a WSL based Ubuntu installation, however I can not access it from another PC on the same network.Ubuntu shows a local IP Address of 192.168.x.x, though my PC is on 172.168.x.x - so I suspect I need some...
  4. TFTP server on Windows-10 : not able to connect to server from TFTP client running on Uboot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TFTP server on Windows-10 : not able to connect to server from TFTP client running on Uboot...: Hi Microsoft team,I am using this board S32G2 RDB2 :--https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/s32g2-vehicle-networking-reference-design-2:S32G-VNP-RDB2My target board, using uboot i am trying to TFTPboot buts connection is not establishing with the TFTP server running on the...
  5. TFTP server on Windows-10 : not able to connect to server from TFTP client running on Uboot...

TFTP server on Windows-10 : not able to connect to server from TFTP client running on Uboot...: Hi Microsoft team,I am using this board S32G2 RDB2 :--https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/s32g2-vehicle-networking-reference-design-2:S32G-VNP-RDB2My target board, using uboot i am trying to TFTPboot buts connection is not establishing with the TFTP server running on the...
  6. TFTP server on Windows-10 : not able to connect to server from TFTP client running on Uboot...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. After updated KB5015808 on WS2016, VM ubuntu20 tftp to server timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updated KB5015808 on WS2016, VM ubuntu20 tftp to server timeout: Hi, installed KB5015808 update recently, found all the linux vm in Hyper-v can not get files from TFTP server anymore, I rolled back un-installed the update, all vms are tftp fine, can anyone help to identify what caused this issue please? Thank you!...
  8. After updated KB5015808 on WS2016, VM ubuntu20 tftp to server timeout

After updated KB5015808 on WS2016, VM ubuntu20 tftp to server timeout: Hi, installed KB5015808 update recently, found all the linux vm in Hyper-v can not get files from TFTP server anymore, I rolled back un-installed the update, all vms are tftp fine, can anyone help to identify what caused this issue please? Thank you!...
  9. Minecraft Java servers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java servers not working: I've been trying to join my friends on servers such as Hypixel and mineplex. Even though they can get onto the server just fine, when I try to connect to the server from my server list, I get an error saying "Failed to log in: The authentication servers are currently down for...
  10. PPTP server doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PPTP server doesn't work: I’m trying to use built-in VPN (PPTP) but I can’t get it to work. I have tested the following configurations : Windows 7 client and Windows 7 server works, Windows 10 client and Windows 7 server works, but Windows 10 on both client and server doesn’t work. I can ping the...