Windows 10: th2 installation is so messed up

Discus and support th2 installation is so messed up in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I had a good installation, no problems, sfc was fine. Then I get the update for th2 via windows update. It downloads fine., but gets an error after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Geneo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Geneo Win User

th2 installation is so messed up

So I had a good installation, no problems, sfc was fine. Then I get the update for th2 via windows update. It downloads fine., but gets an error after the download saying to try later. So I restore from a backup and use the media creator to update windows keeping files. That appears to work fine, but when I run sfc it gets errors and cannot repair them. So I use the media creator again, and sfc gives no errors. But, here is the next problem. My disk partition layout was: recovery | 100MB system EFI | windows. After all of this it is: recovery | 100MB system EFI | windows | recovery. Now I have two recovery partitions!

So I deleted the new one with partition wizard and don't really know if that is OK.

So Microsoft, who wants to shove these updates to us, expect the typical user to cope with this? What a friggin mess.

:)

Geneo, Nov 12, 2015

2. [Bug] Windows 10 bugs that I encountered

It looks like they fixed all Errors in event viewer with this anniversary update. But messed up startup boot time, it's now almost a minute longer (on normal HDD sata 6gb/s) comparing it to TH2. Like I said somewhere in my posts up boot time on Win 8.1 comparing
    to TH2 was way much faster on normal HDD not talking about SSD, don't know how they screw that up too, and now even worst with this update.

P.S

I did an upgrade not clean install.

The Thermal, Nov 12, 2015
  3. VictorJ27 Win User
    VictorJ27, Nov 12, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Your in Illinois and i am in NY i never even received this update yet is what makes me wonder as i received 3 runtime updates today so i know windows updates is working. Had refused to yet try it from ISO i made. If it had i can try to tell you if mine did this.

jds63, Nov 12, 2015
  5. Geneo Win User
    I received the windows update 0800 central time. I have no idea if it is time-zone related or not.

Geneo, Nov 12, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Only hour difference. I originally did clean install on a UEFI BIOS GPT Style partition this is way mine shows now before this update

th2 installation is so messed up [​IMG]

jds63, Nov 12, 2015
  7. Geneo Win User
    And now to top it off, I went to make a backup and the MFT was corrupt.

Geneo, Nov 12, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Not sure what to tell you as this update is new, but what made me skeptical to go ahead an update from media creation and because the update was never even showing up in the first place for me through windows update. Wanted to read here first and wait to do it from update to see how it goes, not rush it through Media Creation Tool. What is MFT again ? Hoping you made a 10240 disc.

jds63, Nov 12, 2015
  9. Geneo Win User
    M FT is the master file table. It is the NTFS index and metadata of all of your files on the hard drive. I did a chkdsk on it to fix the errors and it did, but that is not a good sign.

A normal user would not know to check these things - nor should they have to know,

Geneo, Nov 12, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    When I checked those things after the 10586 update on my three computers, I was 100% error free.

NavyLCDR, Nov 12, 2015
  11. Geneo Win User
    Well good for you *really

Geneo, Nov 12, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    Does not sound right, that happening. I still have not received an update from Windows update even though i know i can do it from ISO i made, just strange why it has not come from Windows update, i have Pro version 64 bit.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. th2 installation is so messed up - Similar Threads - th2 installation messed

2. AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,: I screwed something up big time when I went into BIOS...the shorter version: AIsuite3.exe gives me multiple termination windows, Chrome keeps telling me my connection is not secure, as well as a few other hiccups (Steam wont let me in). I tried resetting CMOS,I had the local...
  3. Please help, so much things are messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help, so much things are messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1. Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2. Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  4. After windows reinstall, my laptop is so messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows reinstall, my laptop is so messed up: I had to do 2 windows reinstalls after really poor performance. Since then, I can't configure my laptop to perform anywhere near normal. I find when I hook up with ethernet, it runs much better and even after unplugging the ethernet it will run ok for awhile but then back to...
  5. "Preparing Automatic Repair" bootloop, it's so messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Preparing Automatic Repair" bootloop, it's so messed up: • Can't access System Diagnostic • Can't access Recovery Mode is there anything i can do submitted by /u/bottomtextboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0n5f0/preparing_automatic_repair_bootloop_its_so_messed/
  6. So here's the mess I'm in

So here's the mess I'm in: So far I've been having a hellish experience with windows 10 and after a recent update some things have been happening. One thing I noticed was the sudden inability to access the action center along with the inability to access the sound setting in the task bar. Both of those...
  7. So I messed up some files

So I messed up some files: Windows 10 offers you some basic files, as Documents, Music, 3D Objects, and others. I had to move the one with pictures to my HDD to help with space (my SSD for Windows is 256 Go so I moved it to my 3 To HDD). But I messed up with the name and now, it's a shortcut of my E:...
  8. I messed up and installed a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I messed up and installed a virus: Installed a program (It was a trainer for game) and it instead was a virus/malware/adware. I uninstalled and ran malware + windows defender. Then I ran revo uninstaller found more of it and delete that. Ran CCleaner then Malware + Win Defender in offline. After all...
  9. Installation Config. Messed up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Config. Messed up.: Coming up to four times, first time update installed from win 8.1 Pro 64 to Win ten V15 everything went good - opened a wrong email possible virus saw wrong so tried (may be the start of the prob. just do not know) 2nd reinstall to beat the vir/Malwarre from there been having...
  10. TH2 settings

in Windows 10 Support
    TH2 settings: I just upgraded to TH2. When I click on All Settings then one of the options, it takes forever to respond. What could be the problem? 34228