Windows 10: Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is...

Discus and support Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is so lacking. * Moved from Community Participation Center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cornflower.blue, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is...

Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is so lacking.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

cornflower.blue, Mar 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Cannot Set Printer Default

Hi Marc,

I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot state and then try to make the default printer.

Perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
    Step 3 from the link to start the computer to
    Normal startup mode.

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

To make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager

• Select devices and printers

• Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is...

Printer not communicating

Hello,

This issue may have occurred due to compatibility issues. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your printer driver?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you try to print?
    • Have you tried
      installing a driver from Dell
      ?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check these articles and perform the troubleshooting steps given:

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is...

1. Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is... - Similar Threads - Thank community answering

2. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  3. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  4. Thank you.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thank you.: So glad you presented the same issue I just struggled at attempting to publish holiday gifts. Must've come with a MS update and seriously needs to be fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you/dc5fad08-3585-4e1f-9b18-d1e4d96575a9
  5. Thank You TenForums Community :)

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank You TenForums Community :): Hey all! For anyone that remembers me from my other posts, just wanted to say thank you to all that helped me with my PC as it was falling apart. It all started from windows 10 not booting from my usb only to find out I had some hardware issues. I managed to get the final...
  6. Thank you!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank you!!!!!: @Brink I want to thank you very much for all the help you've given me through the years. I'm sure you work very hard doing what you do for so many. The tutorials are all excellent and you run the best forum I've ever been on. Guess words are not really enough to express my...
  7. Thank you to the Community

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Thank you to the Community: Just wanted to say thanks to all who have answered my queries re resetting W10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you-to-the-community/b5cc7035-c430-4cd9-93d3-0a3540125b49
  8. Thank you, your answers solved my problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thank you, your answers solved my problem.: how can I count the characters in a WORD document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you-your-answers-solved-my-problem/a1d3bdf9-fa34-4f8b-bbf9-668e0a70d293
  9. Thank you SarahKong for answering my question!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thank you SarahKong for answering my question!!!!: Thank you SarahKong for answering my question!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/thank-you-sarahkong-for-answering-my-question/1313c0c5-d898-404b-b1bd-32fe53950766
  10. windows 10 is too bad

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 is too bad: Am not able to open settings & personalize my laptop .. In windows 10 20553