Windows 10: THANK YOU John Dev - EVERYTHING is working now!

Discus and support THANK YOU John Dev - EVERYTHING is working now! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi John Dev: This is Dean Anderson, someone you helped waay back in September who had a problem with Microsoft updates rendering expensive hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeanAnderson6, Dec 10, 2020.

1. THANK YOU John Dev - EVERYTHING is working now!

Hi John Dev:

This is Dean Anderson, someone you helped waay back in September who had a problem with Microsoft updates rendering expensive hardware unusable. I should have taken the time to find our thread but it's a busy morning becausemy entire Pro Tools system is functioning normally - including the third party hardware and software which were at the core of the problem you helped solve. I'm writing to express my gratitude. It would be wrong if I did not take the time to do so.

I'm a composer of television music with credits in such shows as "The Office", "Law & Order SVU", "Hawaii Five-0", and many others. It's how I earn a living. I had just completed a new release when "the crash" occurred in June, and was beginning a new batch of music when inexplicably my computer simply wouldn't launch to the welcome window.

I solved that and some other problems with a clean install but when I finally got the computer working, my Focusrite PRO40 interface - the firewire-connected unit which converts voices, guitars, synths, etc. from analog to digital would not function with Windows 10. Long story short Focusrite made clear that any Microsoft builds after 1809 would not be supported and that they were phasing out their firewire systems entirely. I was up the creek without a paddle.

I called retailers, manufacturers, peers - I read and read and read, but couldn't resolve the situation so I actually went out and bought another unit to replace the one that wouldn't work. It didn't sound nearly as good and was less flexible while costingmore! After your reply I returned it and focused on rolling back to 1809 or earlier. When you pointed out that I had downloaded the RUFUS data incorrectly, I re-downloaded it correctly. I was then able to use it to rollback my build to 1803 - since I had read that some folks had problems with 1809...I still had to install Pro Tools and all the plug-ins to test the unit. I could see that the firewire sync light was now steady so I rushed to install and ran into problems withthat!

Your second note to me pointed out that I had not correctly followed instructions in downloading RUFUS data, so I thought I had better slowly read the instructions for installing Pro Tools. I had done this a dozen times before and became arrogant that "I already knew" - but my experience with the RUFUS download told me to re-read and there it was: One must log into the Administrator account even though I never had to before to install. I did so and the install went flawlessly, as well as subsequent plug-in installs and iLock verification of licensing.

This LONG note is my way of saying THANK YOU. Not only was your technical advice spot-on, but the patience and generosity shown in correcting my rushed RUFUS download - more of a 'life' lesson than a technical one - has reminded me to BE THOROUGH in everything having to do with computer/software installs, and that 'rushing' only serves to delay the entire process in the long run. I can't even imagine how many other folks you've helped but the advice you gave me was literally a life-changer, so I wanted to make sure you were aware of the impact of what you do. Thanks again and best to you and yours.

Dean Anderson

musicandpictures.com

:)

DeanAnderson6, Dec 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 10, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 10, 2020
  4. THANK YOU John Dev - EVERYTHING is working now!

setting tab in start and update windows tab not working

hello John DeV,

greetings of the day!!!

thank you for your valuable hint and guide lines. I followed the steps you suggested and found my issue is resolved.

Thank you very much.

sanjaysalavi, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

THANK YOU John Dev - EVERYTHING is working now!

1. THANK YOU John Dev - EVERYTHING is working now! - Similar Threads - THANK John Dev

2. Thank you

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thank you: Not really a question anymore because thanks to sunny A I believe who help me 10 minuets ago it has been resolved. I was not able to give thanks during the session or after in the feedback part because my computer had blacked out and when it came back on my issue was fixed,...
  3. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  4. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  5. Thank you.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thank you.: So glad you presented the same issue I just struggled at attempting to publish holiday gifts. Must've come with a MS update and seriously needs to be fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you/dc5fad08-3585-4e1f-9b18-d1e4d96575a9
  6. Where is John DeV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is John DeV: reference post: Can't install KB5014668 - Microsoft CommunityJohn DeV posted some suggestions and asked to let him know what happened. Today, 3 full pages of responses were edited down to 2. A bunch of posts were deleted and there has been nothing from John DeV for 2...
  7. Where is John DeV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is John DeV: reference post: Can't install KB5014668 - Microsoft CommunityJohn DeV posted some suggestions and asked to let him know what happened. Today, 3 full pages of responses were edited down to 2. A bunch of posts were deleted and there has been nothing from John DeV for 2...
  8. Thank you!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank you!!!!!: @Brink I want to thank you very much for all the help you've given me through the years. I'm sure you work very hard doing what you do for so many. The tutorials are all excellent and you run the best forum I've ever been on. Guess words are not really enough to express my...
  9. Thank you

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thank you: i have solved it now thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you/f583ab99-5163-4b4a-bcc6-1501fd496967
  10. Thank You

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank You: I wish to thank all those who have helped me in trying to solve some problems with my win 10 Home edition. I wish to especially thank John C and Brink. Wishing all a great holiday season. 31448