Windows 10: Thank you MS for automatic restarts

Discus and support Thank you MS for automatic restarts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just a quick thank you. I just came home and my laptop restarted itself during standby after a previous update, I suppose. It restored an unsaved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shigshiggy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Thank you MS for automatic restarts

Just a quick thank you. I just came home and my laptop restarted itself during standby after a previous update, I suppose. It restored an unsaved notepad document (why tf does it even restart in that case), but unfortunately couldn't restore my previously opened explorer windows and other documents. The best thing is though, my Firefox won't start anymore. Which is amazing! Much more time for the more important things in life. Who needs their old Firefox session with tons of opened tabs with to dos and more or less important information anyway. So, thank you, MS Thank you MS for automatic restarts :) I really hope the person who had this idea lives a blessed and happy life Thank you MS for automatic restarts :)

submitted by /u/shigshiggy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shigshiggy, Mar 18, 2023

2. Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 18, 2023
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Thank you MS for automatic restarts

Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Thank you MS for automatic restarts

1. Thank you MS for automatic restarts - Similar Threads - Thank automatic restarts

2. Thank you

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thank you: Not really a question anymore because thanks to sunny A I believe who help me 10 minuets ago it has been resolved. I was not able to give thanks during the session or after in the feedback part because my computer had blacked out and when it came back on my issue was fixed,...
  3. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  4. Thank you!

Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  5. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Thank you.

Thank you.: So glad you presented the same issue I just struggled at attempting to publish holiday gifts. Must've come with a MS update and seriously needs to be fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you/dc5fad08-3585-4e1f-9b18-d1e4d96575a9
  7. Thank you.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thank you.: So glad you presented the same issue I just struggled at attempting to publish holiday gifts. Must've come with a MS update and seriously needs to be fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you/dc5fad08-3585-4e1f-9b18-d1e4d96575a9
  8. Thank you!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank you!!!!!: @Brink I want to thank you very much for all the help you've given me through the years. I'm sure you work very hard doing what you do for so many. The tutorials are all excellent and you run the best forum I've ever been on. Guess words are not really enough to express my...
  9. Installing Win 10, thank you MS.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win 10, thank you MS.: Warning long rant. So I had an updating on my Win7 laptop, things seemed fine until the reboot to finish the update. After that update oddities showed up. Longer boot up, Firefox went brain dead, opening it would lead to a blank screen, it would only work in safe mode. Chrome...
  10. Thank You

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank You: I wish to thank all those who have helped me in trying to solve some problems with my win 10 Home edition. I wish to especially thank John C and Brink. Wishing all a great holiday season. 31448