Windows 10: thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open...

Discus and support thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open document! FFS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndrewBen_123435, Jun 2, 2023.

1. thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open...

thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open document! FFS

:)

AndrewBen_123435, Jun 2, 2023

2. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Intermittent Issues with Permissions and Saving

Hi Human,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. Does this issue occur only with the particular application?

Step 1

Open the notepad application, try to save a test file and check if you are able to save the file. If you still gets the same error, then follow the bellow suggestions.

Try the below suggested step to verify whether if you have logged in as an administrator.

Step 2

1. Open the run command (Windows + R key). Type in “Netplwiz” and click on
      Enter to open the User Account settings box.
    2. Now select the user account that is giving you the error message.
    3. Click on Properties button and click on
      Group Membership tab.
    4. Here you can set the level of access that you want to give the user.
    5. Select Administrator and click
      Apply/Ok
      and exit.
    Restart your computer and check the status of the issue.

Step 3

Sometimes the user profile corruption might also be the possible cause for this issue. Hence you may try creating a new user profile and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account in
    Windows 10

You may also refer "Access Denied" or other errors
    when you access or work with files and folders in Windows for
    more information about the permission issues.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 2, 2023
  4. thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open...

Unable to open documents due to permission error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have signed in to the Administrators account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.
    To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.
    For the Printer issue: I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open...

1. thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open... - Similar Threads - thanks restarting machine

2. thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open...: thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open document! FFS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thanks-for-restarting-my-machine-with-out/3e40da55-7ed1-48b6-8df0-76ee4996ebc2
  3. thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open...: thanks for restarting my machine with out permission and not saving any of my open document! FFS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thanks-for-restarting-my-machine-with-out/3e40da55-7ed1-48b6-8df0-76ee4996ebc2
  4. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?: So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for...
  5. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder: So 2 days ago I extraced a Windows 11 ISO package to my downloads folder with DISM++.after that i don't want the extraced files anymore however the 5 folders from the ISO cannot be deleteted, it shows me that i need "COMPUTERNAME/ADMINISTRATORS" permission to even process any...
  6. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder: So 2 days ago I extraced a Windows 11 ISO package to my downloads folder with DISM++.after that i don't want the extraced files anymore however the 5 folders from the ISO cannot be deleteted, it shows me that i need "COMPUTERNAME/ADMINISTRATORS" permission to even process any...
  7. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My computer will not open any apps and wont restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will not open any apps and wont restart.: My computer wont open any apps or restart or shut down. I can't do anything. Please respond ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-open-any-apps-and-wont/e78918a7-1fc3-437b-87f5-283ebaaf6388
  9. videos went on computer as .wlmp & I can not open?? any help out there? Thanks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    videos went on computer as .wlmp & I can not open?? any help out there? Thanks: videos loaded on computer & says can not open w/ .wlmp-- on computer but will not open & play?? anyone who can help? THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-went-on-computer-as-wlmp-i-can-not-open-any/09dbf08b-85f2-44f5-9bd6-505228a3d1a2"
  10. Don't any have any permissions on my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't any have any permissions on my pc.: Hello, I don't have any permissions for some reason on my pc, Even though it says the account I log into is a administrator. I can't run things as admin, I cant download anything, Can't access my disk drive without it saying access denied, And I can't even open task manager...