Windows 10: Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004.

Discus and support Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tharoufizon [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tharoufizon, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004.

/u/Tharoufizon, Aug 5, 2020

2. WP8.1 Update 1 - UK Cortana - missing commands

This worked fine with the dev preview prior to update 1 when I used the USA version of Cortana.

Since installing update 1 and switching to UK version of Cortlana

• Cortana Skype commands are no longer available
    • Cortana can no longer show items from my Bing topics, she states they are not available.

Nokia 920

Reportered, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Stewart_R Win User
    Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:

Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004. WwDxj.png

but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:

Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004. a6AEm.png

which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked

• my language settings are English (UK),
    • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and
    • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).

I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.

How can I get Cortana up & running?

Stewart_R, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004.

Cortana is not working fine

Hi,

For better understanding the issue let us know few details,

• Have you created any system restore point?

• Are you facing same issue on other user account?

As initial troubleshooting I request you to try below steps,

I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Run the Troubleshooter.

And also I suggest you to refer the below link and check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004.

1. Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004. - Similar Threads - Thanks Cortana worked

2. Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update: Cannot select App Category as " Cortana " is not included on Listings There is a problem, with Version 2004 why can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft...
  3. Cortana in the UK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana in the UK: Hi Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct? Other than that the upgrade seems to work OK although it did take 5 hours to update via WU *Sad Stuart 162545
  4. Cortana in the UK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana in the UK: Hi Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct? Other than that the upgrade seems to work OK although it did take 5 hours to update via WU *Sad Stuart 162545
  5. Cortana not working - Hi, thanks for taking an interest!

in Cortana
    Cortana not working - Hi, thanks for taking an interest!: Hi, How do I get Cortana to work again in my Surface Pro? The aforementioned is all I get, and I have Google, read and done what is suggested to no avail. Please advise. Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  6. Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

in Cortana
    Cortana after Windows version 2004 update: Before updating Cortana open apps, but after updating Cortana won't open apps. Why? In the future this will be fixed or not? Because without it Cortana really useless....
  7. after up dating to 2004 windows i have no cortana saying not available in uk

in Cortana
    after up dating to 2004 windows i have no cortana saying not available in uk: having up dated to windows 2004 i now have no cortana flaged sayes not available in uk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-up-dating-to-2004-windows-i-have-no-cortana/1ad5e777-d7d5-441e-ad8f-05c104daf1d9
  8. Cortana and 2004 - UK

in Cortana
    Cortana and 2004 - UK: When I update to Windows 10 20H1/2004 it all goes well, except Cortana reports as "not currently available in the UK". The Cortana Tab in settings in missing. I've checked that I'm am signed in everywhere I am and also tried resetting the Cortana app, but nothing works. I've...
  9. How to I disable Cortana in version 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to I disable Cortana in version 2004?: So I installed the newest update yesterday, so far so good. Except now Cortana is forced on me? Even though it's not available in my region? Anyways, it's annoying because I alt+tab a lot, and everytime I do that, instead of changing windows it brings up Cortana. Thanks in...
  10. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK): Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update. Any ideas? thanks...