Windows 10: That one focus border.

Discus and support That one focus border. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm sorry to bother everyone about this issue that has been discussed so many times before, but I tried looking around and I wasn't able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by araghon007, May 11, 2019.

1. That one focus border.

Hello,

I'm sorry to bother everyone about this issue that has been discussed so many times before, but I tried looking around and I wasn't able to find any proper solution.

So there's this issue with the focus border appearing on unfocused items in explorer, for example desktop icons

That one focus border. [​IMG]

Explorer icons

On desktop, it's much more annoying because focused icons show full names, and so you always have this one annoying icon sticking out

Granted, it only happens if the desktop is in focus (or explorer window), but it usually doesn't happen, only in a few rare instances in Windows 7 and 10.

The most common "fixes" I've seen are refreshing the desktop (doesn't work, because as soon as desktop is in focus, that exact same icon gets the border treatment again), clicking away from the icon (how do people not realize this isn't the usual focus selection), this.. thing, hiding desktop icons, deleting System32, not using Windows ever again, etc.

Don't get me wrong, that border is definitely useful if you're only using your keyboard, and you have no idea what icon have you selected last time, but Windows should be smart enough to realize that clicking, with your mouse, means that you don't intend to use keyboard for navigation.

So, what I want to know is how to hide that border, without restarting, and make sure it doesn't show up again.
    I don't want to just restart my system, because that would just delay the inevitable.. I know that annoying guy will show up again, stronger than ever.

Thanks in advance

:)

araghon007, May 11, 2019

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 11, 2019
  3. black border

I only turned my pc on. then plugged in my Clickfree to backup my files. Have no idea if there were updates.

AdeleMcLennan, May 11, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

That one focus border.

Smeed, May 11, 2019
Thema:

That one focus border.

1. That one focus border. - Similar Threads - focus border

2. Win10 in desktop mode doesn't automatically trigger the keyboard when input field is focused

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 in desktop mode doesn't automatically trigger the keyboard when input field is focused: Hi, I noticed that in desktop mode when I click into a text field (any text field, the search bar, Editor, etc.) the keyboard doesn't automatically come up. In tablet mode it works fine. I tried adding "--disable-usb-keyboard-detect" to the target via the properties but...
  3. focus folder in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    focus folder in windows 10 mail: I wish to remove the focus folder but on looking at the various solutions put on line, none of the screens featured appear like mine! I have no view tab or gear icon. The only mail settings I have are change mail box sync options or delete account This is a neew issue...
  4. Is there any way to delete/uninstall Focus Assistant?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any way to delete/uninstall Focus Assistant?: I understand that some people will undoubtedly appreciate Focus Assistant, but I am not one of them. It is the most annoying program I have ever encountered. It is constantly interrupting me and nothing I do fixes the problem. I've turned everything off in Settings, which...
  5. Focus Assist Build 18362.53

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Assist Build 18362.53: Focus Assist is no longer showing notifications. It currently shows a little moon. Every time I change it back to none it goes back to the errant state after next reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or better yet maybe a way to just deactivate it all together? -C...
  6. Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened.: A recent annoyance. When i open Gamebar, it is no longer given focus so that i cannot select options in it with a controller, and if i am in a game, i must enter the menu or chat (making it so the mouse\touch-pad no longer is used for looking in game) in order to use the...
  7. Microsoft Chromium Edge for Windows 10 has a Focus mode

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Chromium Edge for Windows 10 has a Focus mode: A new flag was recently spotted in Chrome that would allow users to focus on work by altering the distractions. Since Microsoft Edge is built on Chromium, it has many features that you can try in Chrome, including picture-in-picture mode and the focus mode. Microsoft...
  8. Will Windows Mail Focused Inbox be ever be provided for Gmail?

Will Windows Mail Focused Inbox be ever be provided for Gmail?: I have windows 10 Pro 1809 version on my Surface laptop. In my windows 10 Mail App, I cannot get Focused Inbox for Gmail account since more than 6 months now. I used to have it earlier but after a format of my PC, I never got the feature back again. I thought that Microsoft...
  9. Error: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts, while setting up Focused...

Error: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts, while setting up Focused...: My Mail app on Windows 10 for my laptop is saying "This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts." when I try to enable Focused Inbox, even though it's clearly enabled on the web interface and also my desktop which is also using Windows 10 with the Mail app. This is...
  10. Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing: [img] [img] how to make it thin, so annoying Thank in advance 120363