Windows 10: 'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.

Discus and support 'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Hoping someone can help with this. I tried to log onto my Aspire M laptop. I used it the other day with no problem. This morning I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoyceHolter, Jan 11, 2021.

1. 'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.

Hello. Hoping someone can help with this.

I tried to log onto my Aspire M laptop. I used it the other day with no problem. This morning I tried to use my computer it said my password was incorrect. I can not get past the log in screen.

It states that my password is incorrect.

The message says 'that password is incorrect. Make sure you are using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset'.

We have logged in on another computer and reset my password ..... But are still getting the same message. We have shut down the computer a couple of times and tried logging back on with both the old and new password to no avail. We do not have the caps lock on.

Please can someone give me some advice.

Many thanks.

I do not have a touch screen. The computer has been updated to a Windows 10.

:)

JoyceHolter, Jan 11, 2021

2. Incorrect Password with correct password!

So this is new. I refreshed my PC due to some odd issues and relinstalled some needed drivers. One being for my Netgear A6210 (which has been giving me troubles in the past like failing to connect to the network when waking up from sleep).

So my A6210 has no issue connecting to my 2.4Ghz network but now (which it didn't used to do before) it tells me my password for my 5G network is incorrect even though I know for a fact it is correct. My phone at the same distance as my wireless adapter connect to the 5G network with the same pass. I even changed the pass and had my phone connect to it again but the A6210 just fails to accept the pass. Windows just keeps telling me its incorrect.

I couldn't find much searching the web on this. Most say to reset router but the router is ok (since my phone can connect). I tried re installing the driver for it but issue persists.

To make sure it isn't some keyboard fault I copy the password exactly as it is set in the router's wireless setting page and paste it when it asks for the key.

AphexDreamer, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Correct password is ‘incorrect’

Hello Amy,

In line with your concern, I would suggest to try using all the passwords you've used in the past and check if it lets you proceed starting in Safe Mode. Also, to better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the error message that you're getting when you've experienced the blue screen error?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 11, 2021
  4. 'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.

Can't login to my Windows 10 computer - incorrect password is correct.

I can not log into my Surface Pro, Windows 10, "password incorrect".

I've tried all the steps here. reset MS password via browser on my phone. Can't get it into safety mode.

What's really strange is its temperamental. I slowly type it in, click the eye to make sure is correct. Only two attempts, same password, successful in two days. Any other times, when the screen times out, or restart.

"Password Incorrect"

I'm beyond frustrated!

Sad Surface 11, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.

1. 'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on. - Similar Threads - 'that password incorrect

2. BIOS password incorrect while it correct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS password incorrect while it correct: I remember I typed the password correctly since I put a note in my desktop bios password now I can’t even change the legacy bios to uefi is this some issue like what if I remove the cmos battery will it remove my windows data?am using a vaio laptop from around 2014 I don’t...
  3. BIOS password incorrect while it correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS password incorrect while it correct: I remember I typed the password correctly since I put a note in my desktop bios password now I can’t even change the legacy bios to uefi is this some issue like what if I remove the cmos battery will it remove my windows data?am using a vaio laptop from around 2014 I don’t...
  4. BIOS password incorrect while it correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD with incorrect password the password is correct and is working on other devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with incorrect password the password is correct and is working on other devices: Hi, I did some updates a week ago. Suddenly my windows entered Blue screen of death and it is asking for a password on all steps. I am entering my microsoft account password but it's saying "password is incorrect". The password is correct and is working on other...
  6. Can't login, correct password incorrect.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login, correct password incorrect.: My computer was booting to a black screen that I kept restarting to to try to fix. After it finally booted correctly the resolution looked messed up and my correct password is saying incorrect. I can't access any of the troubleshoot options as it says I need my account...
  7. "Incorrect Password" when given correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Incorrect Password" when given correct password: I've been having this problem for about five hours now and am getting increasingly frustrated. I left my computer on sleep as I usually do for a few hours and came back to log in and was told it was incorrect. I've restarted my computer a dozen or so times, put it in safe...
  8. Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect"

Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect": This day morning i tried to login a microsoft account into my laptop but its the same with the one i`m using same account but one login using email and one login using phone number to change my account type . When i finished the job i want to do , i want to change back my...
  9. Can't log in to Windows 10 to reset Windows.- says password incorrect but it’s correct

Can't log in to Windows 10 to reset Windows.- says password incorrect but it’s correct: When trying to do a reset windows 10 says the password to login is incorrect however it is the correct password I even reset the password upon seeing this message. After trying a bunch of different suggestions on this website I found the right answer however I cannot respond...
  10. Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.: I can not log onto my computer. The pin logon option does not come up . Only the password. It states my password is wrong. I can not get online to change password....