Windows 10: That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

Discus and support That's it, giving up on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have two identical Surface Pro tablets in front of me. One on Win8 and one on Win10. Win10 version has issues playing flash videos in Firefox. Videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ksdixon Win User

That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

Have two identical Surface Pro tablets in front of me. One on Win8 and one on Win10.
    Win10 version has issues playing flash videos in Firefox. Videos are just a black screen.
    This happens on a fresh profile, and after a Win10 reset this pc.

Have done the usual flash player song and dance, uninstalled, installed latest, turned off hardware accelloration, even repaired subinacl. Only thing that fixes flash is jumping all the way up to a Nightly build of Firefox, but of course because of Mozilla's own messing-around, that completely breaks some game-breaker addons that I need to keep working (Mostly All In One Sidebar).

Since flash plays perfectly fine on Win8+FireFox combination I'm just going to use that, and stop it updating to the later builds which are currently in Nighly channel so that I retain access to addons in a working condition.

:)

ksdixon, Apr 4, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Giving up on Windows 10

Sounds like you made the right choice. Computers with Windows 10 pre-installed are available now, but if you wait longer you'll have more to choose from. Which also means lower prices.

BulldogXX, Apr 4, 2016
  3. Giving up on Windows 10

As of today, I officially quit trying to install Windows 10 and will stay with 8.1 Pro. After multiple install attempts and finding no real help, I've come to the conclusion that if the install is not smart enough to understand and report exactly what
    is causing the install failure and correct it, then I'm not spending my time working for Microsoft for free. As a side note, one of the recommendations was to run the Update diagnostics; every time I run it it finds and fixes the same error.

HenryPoole, Apr 4, 2016
  4. That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

On your Windows 10 why not try Edge
    I use it and I can play any video
    Netflex, you tube. plus any DVD,s I put in all play ok
    I myself tried Firefox once did not like it never used it since

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Create a new user account with exactly the same privileges as the one you are now using > logon to it.
    See if you have the same problem in the new account.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2016
  6. I have a feeling Mozilla is not staying up to speed with Firefox like they used to. Just the fact that you can see for yourself it works fine with Windows 8.1 and not 10 should be proof enough. I started having issues with FF back in 8.1 and switched to Chrome. Mozilla never came out with the version for 8.1 they spoke about for over a year so I'm guessing they haven't bothered with a 10 version either.

Floridagal, Apr 4, 2016
  7. Mozilla released the official 64 bit version of FF a few months ago.

Mozilla's website is awful, so you'll have to try other sites to download it:
    http://www.filepuma.com/download/moz..._45.0.1-10940/
    Mozilla Firefox 64-bit

Additional
    I found where to get it on Mozilla's site.

That's it, giving up on Windows 10. [​IMG]

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2016
  8. That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

You're giving up on Windows 10 because of an issue with Firefox? That's like trading in a car because you are upset that one road has a pothole.

Firefox is dying, so let it go in peace. If you don't want to use either Microsoft browser, Chrome is the answer. Problem solved.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2016
  9. RobNJ Win User
    THANK YOU!! I finally managed to get the 64bit, from this. The select your ;language page was the only way I could get Mozilla to NOT give me the 32bit version.

RobNJ, Apr 4, 2016
  10. ksdixon Win User
    I use FireFox due to the addons, and tweaks it allows me to do.
    Chrome has never been able to handle the amount of tabs and videos/gifs I have open at once.

ksdixon, Apr 4, 2016
  11. mrgeek Win User
    "I use FireFox due to the addons, and tweaks it allows me to do."
    Same here, which is why I prefer over Chrome. However, the last release broke some add-ons like imagehostgrabber and some other small issues I was tired of living with. I went with a Firefox fork, Pale Moon, which was easy to set up, looks just like Firefox, ran all my add-ons, transferred all my Firefox settings and profile and has better tab management. Gives you access to Firefox add-on store and non-compatibles are flagged. Try it and see if you like it and if it fixes any issues you have -
    The Pale Moon Project homepage

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2016
  12. Chrome has an impressive amount of add-ons, and always runs better for me than FireFox. To each his own, but it still isn't a good reason to change operating systems.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2016
  13. badrobot Win User

It's not Microsoft's fault if a third party software is not running well on Windows 10. You should be posting your feedback on Mozilla's forum and not on Windows 10 forum. Third party software developers should catch up with Windows 10 and not the other way around. But just like what other people say, try other browsers. They are free anyway.
    But to give up windows 10 just for one 3rd party software is way beyond me.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2016
  14. I really loath Chrome, because I constantly have to remove it from my clients PCs and they don't know what it is or how it ever got on their computer in the first place. It sneaks in just like a virus, but Anti-Virus programs don't stop it, and then it wants to take over, just like a virus. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's not a chicken.

A fresh install of Firefox will run U-Tube videos and everything else I throw at it, without ever installing Flash or whatever.

Firefox has nothing to do with Windows 10. So if you don't like Firefox, then by all means use something else, but don't condemn W-10 for what you perceive as a problem with Firefox.

I don't use W-10 as my everyday OS, and never will, I really don't like it, but since I'm in the PC business, I have to keep up to date on what's going on with W-10 as well as other OS's. I recently downloaded W-10/Pro/64 and installed it on a spare HD, attached to my Main Desktop PC. And, of course I installed the latest version of Firefox.
    I set up Startpage.com as my safe search engine and immediately opened up a U-Tube video that I use for testing purposes. It's one of the Jay Leno's Garage videos. Firefox played the video perfectly, without ever installing Flash or any other add-on. I'm sure I didn't even install the 64 bit version of Firefox, because I don't have that on my Utilities DVD. So obviously, having the 64 bit version of Firefox is not really required on Windows 10/64.

I've had to set up Windows 10 for several of my clients, who have purchased new PC's with Windows 10 on them.
    They really hated Windows 10, till I did my custom setup for them, using the Classic Shell and disabling live corners.
    When I'm done tweaking and tuning Windows 10, it looks and acts just like Windows 7 (classic look) and then my clients totally accept it. For total safety, I also Kill WUDO and Cortana. Both are huge security holes.

Ya all have a great day now, Ya hear?
    *Cool
    PS: Not worthy of a new thread, but..... I'm getting calls and emails asking me about the supposed announcement from Microsoft that they will be coming out soon with Windows 11. ??? What's up with that?

TechnoMage, Apr 4, 2016
  15. Ksdixon, this probably isn't the problem, but how large is the hard drive on your Win 10 tablet?

Vince Massi, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

1. That's it, giving up on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - That's giving

2. Not giving me access to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not giving me access to my laptop.: My laptop is not allowing me to login. It is asking me for a verification code from my phone number and I don't have the phone number with me is there a way I can change the number to the one I have so I can have access to my laptop....
  3. Not giving me access to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not giving me access to my laptop.: My laptop is not allowing me to login. It is asking me for a verification code from my phone number and I don't have the phone number with me is there a way I can change the number to the one I have so I can have access to my laptop....
  4. Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it: i have ran the trouble shooter and idk what to do : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mu-computer-keeps-giving-me-the-code-0x80070643/43d4efd8-cd92-44bf-8296-8dbffc2dbbbc
  5. Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it

Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it: i have ran the trouble shooter and idk what to do : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mu-computer-keeps-giving-me-the-code-0x80070643/43d4efd8-cd92-44bf-8296-8dbffc2dbbbc
  6. Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...: I had Windows 11 Pro Canary insider version before this release version of Windows 11 Pro and same problem. Especially one account is impossible to add to the new Outlook *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So almost every time when I open the Outlook it gives an...
  8. Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...

Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...: I had Windows 11 Pro Canary insider version before this release version of Windows 11 Pro and same problem. Especially one account is impossible to add to the new Outlook *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So almost every time when I open the Outlook it gives an...
  9. How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?: My brother "John Hendrick" is an American and he was arrested in Canada and is currently in jail waiting for his court appearance. The evidence he needs for his defense is in his email account which he does not have access to in jail. How can I access his email so I can give...
  10. How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access my brother's outlook email so I can give the information to his attorney?: My brother "John Hendrick" is an American and he was arrested in Canada and is currently in jail waiting for his court appearance. The evidence he needs for his defense is in his email account which he does not have access to in jail. How can I access his email so I can give...