Windows 10: That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

Discus and support That's it, giving up on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there If a 3rd party app doesn't work on a new release of Windows that's hardly Ms's fault. Perhaps run old applications in a VM (Virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

Hi there

If a 3rd party app doesn't work on a new release of Windows that's hardly Ms's fault.

Perhaps run old applications in a VM (Virtual Machine) before upgrading on your main machine.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2016

2. I'm surprised at this criticism of Firefox. I ran it without problems on XP, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. After experimenting with Edge, I made it my main browser on 10, but I've had no bad experiences with Firefox.

Vince Massi, Apr 4, 2016
  3. If you see any browser market share graphs over time, you'll see many/most Firefox users have switched to Chrome. Chrome works very well, and has a growing marketshare, meaning it is getting more of the focus for web-designers. Any web design firm I've dealt with tests in Chrome and IE.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2016
  4. dafanman Win User

I have a customer that intends on purchasing a new computer because firefox crashes*Huh.....I explained to him that would be like buying a new car because your battery died......go figure

dafanman, Apr 4, 2016
  5. DooGie Win User
    DooGie, Apr 4, 2016
  6. Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I have a Dell Venue 8 8" tablet, came with 32GB storage [C:] with 19GB free space so I added a 64GB MicroSDXC card in the slot for it, will be trying a 128GB card when I find a good price. One other item I've added to my accessories for it is an OTG [OnTheGo] cable that adapts to a standard USB port for using a Thumb drive, External Hard Drive or Optical drive.

Berton, Apr 5, 2016
  8. DooGie Win User

No problem Mark. I hope it can be of some use.
    It can be a bit of a pain to navigate around but everything is there.

DooGie, Apr 5, 2016
  9. ksdixon
    Right Chrome is my default browser of Choice along with Google search on all the browsers here & for Chrome in my Sony Andoid TV.

I have Firefox without the Flash plug in anyway its insecure and the Flash updates are always trying to hijack something anyway and a lot of the web is moving up to HTML5 or using both .

If I'm using F/F now and then and I come across a flash only video I want to see and it wont play because I don't want the Flash NPAPI/ Mozilla plug in I just spin up another browser anyway usually Chrome or sometimes Edge.
    and Flash is for sure dying anyway Adobe doesn't even want it anymore *really

I sure wouldn't go back to a train wreck like Windows 8.1 for all that and like DeaconFrost said here F/F is probably dying and I'm not knocking F/F I actually like it outside of Flash anyway *really

blutos cousin, Apr 5, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Why did you reply to me ?
    None of the quotes you posted belongs to me.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2016
  11. must have copy /paste something wrong I'll fix all that *really

All fixed now thanks for letting me know *really

blutos cousin, Apr 5, 2016
  12. lehnerus2000, Apr 5, 2016
  13. ksdixon Win User

Just to update everyone.

Chrome vs FireFox:I dislike Chrome's visual appearence, and the idea of Google's spying. For all of Chrome's supposed speed, I have never seen it run better than FF, and in some cases Chrome chugged under the load of tabs/gifs/videos I have open. I tend to go down a forum page, middle-mouse-click any threads that look interesting, end up with like 60 tabs open, read them, relaod them, and then read what's new since I opened the tab. I am also pretty sure that whilst Chrome has addons, it wouldn't have the right addons to do everything I do in FF between addons, userscripts and stylish tweaks. I mean just look at this lot up-top, and that's without looking into my hamburger menu:

That's it, giving up on Windows 10. [​IMG]

Win8 vs Win10; FlashNow, with regard to Windows 8.1 vs Windows 10. This is the same FF profile on both machines, copied onto a USB drive, replacing the fresh install of FF's default profile folder contents etc. So everything is set-up as I like it. Thus, I know I have the exact same version of FF and the exact same versions of the various addons in play on both machines. The only thing that has changed is the operating system. Flash works on Win8.1, and not on Win10. Yes I know Flash is depreciated, but just because YouTube uses HTML5 doesn't mean that countless other video sites on the web also use HTML5 yet.

Everything else on Win10 works, except Flash. In order to get Flash working I have to go from normal FF release channel, version 45, all the way to Nightly release channel, version 48. God knows when that will make it's way down to the normal FF channel, could be like 6 months from now. Of course using this early version of Nightly breaks other addons which I consider to be dealbreakers. So whilst Flash works, I need the addons as they are integral to the way I use FF. I currently find myself jumping back and forth between FF and Nightly, depending on if I need my addons for general browsing, or I need Flash. I suppose I will check out a FF fork like PaleMoon though, as a possible temporary solution for this Win10 machine, and wait for that Nightly build to release as regular FF, with the hope that addon developers will support the then-current release, whereas at the moment Nightly compatability is asking a little too much.

I have no idea why Flash is busted on current FF for me, specifically on Win10. But like I said, it happens in FF safe mode, on a new profile, after a win10 reset this pc, even on a fresh Windows 10 user profile (local admin verses my current microsoft account admin) etc... so it's not something I've done. It appears to be down to the combination of FF and Win10.

ksdixon, Apr 5, 2016
  14. *facepalm* I don't really have a comment about that because, if you can't say something nice.... Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and that was just a comment made in jest.

Yet another reason to prefer Chrome over Firefox...Flash is incorporated.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2016
  15. ksdixon Win User
    Lo and behold, it was a Windows 10 problem.

As far as I remember upgrading from Win8.1 caused the flash problem.

Performing a 'Reset This PC' didn't fix it, and after I'd done that once Win10 wouldn't let me do it again, apparently it had messed itself-up behind the scenes.

Used the 'Media Create Tool' to download a fresh Win10 iso, rather than resetting the PC, and re-upgraded to Win10 from within Win10.

Flash in Firefox on Windows 10 is now fixed and working as I always expected it to.

I'm disturbed the problem didn't right itself with a 'Reset This PC', and annoyed that MS's catch-all fix of resetting the pc doesn't work once you use it once.

ksdixon, Apr 6, 2016
Thema:

1. That's it, giving up on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - That's giving

2. Computer Crashes and Gives me the Error Video "Scheduler Internal Error "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashes and Gives me the Error Video "Scheduler Internal Error ": Once a Day My Laptop Crashes from this Error in a blue screen, Even after updating my drivers in the past the issue still remains. Could I please have some help with this...
  3. Computer Crashes and Gives me the Error Video "Scheduler Internal Error "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashes and Gives me the Error Video "Scheduler Internal Error ": Once a Day My Laptop Crashes from this Error in a blue screen, Even after updating my drivers in the past the issue still remains. Could I please have some help with this...
  4. my windows has been giving blue screen error .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows has been giving blue screen error .: Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed rtf64x64.sys i already tried searching for corrupted file but itshow nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-has-been-giving-blue-screen-error/33fe7a61-285f-492d-84a2-c1bc767a394b
  5. my windows has been giving blue screen error .

my windows has been giving blue screen error .: Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed rtf64x64.sys i already tried searching for corrupted file but itshow nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-has-been-giving-blue-screen-error/33fe7a61-285f-492d-84a2-c1bc767a394b
  6. is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?: i need free access just two platform wordpad and adope applications is these are important for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-free-for-student-but-it-is-very-difficult/3f268f7b-e5a3-4c3e-96ed-2a1ee9d7fa9d
  7. is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?

is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?: i need free access just two platform wordpad and adope applications is these are important for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-free-for-student-but-it-is-very-difficult/3f268f7b-e5a3-4c3e-96ed-2a1ee9d7fa9d
  8. 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 gives...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 gives...: Hi, I ran an update and wished I hadn't, now my PC won't boot properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2024-04-cumulative-update-for-windows-11-version/babf37fb-7bb0-463d-b890-5d4daa3cb31a
  9. 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 gives...

2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 gives...: Hi, I ran an update and wished I hadn't, now my PC won't boot properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2024-04-cumulative-update-for-windows-11-version/babf37fb-7bb0-463d-b890-5d4daa3cb31a
  10. Windows terminal is giving error

Windows terminal is giving error: My windows terminal is giving this errorThe terminal process"C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" terminated with exit code: -1073741819...