Windows 10: That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

Discus and support That's it, giving up on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lo and behold, it was a Windows 10 problem. As far as I remember upgrading from Win8.1 caused the flash problem. Performing a 'Reset This PC'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

How could Windows 10 be the problem if doing a repair install of Windows 10 fixed it? Windows 10 wasn't the problem unless doing the repair install of Windows 10 was an upgrade to a newer build of Windows 10 than you had before and the problem was in the previous build that you upgraded from. Did you have build 10240 before and now you have build 10586? I remember that I think it was under build 10240 flash videos would only be a green square unless I turned hardware acceleration off, but build 10586 fixed that.

NavyLCDR, Apr 6, 2016
  2. ksdixon Win User

How could doing a Media Creation Tool upgrade fix it and not a Reset This PC upgrade? Aren't they both supposed to fetch a clean version of the the latest Win10 iso from MS servers?

All I know is that Win10 was the culprit, and once I got a Media Creation Tool upgrade on, everything was back to working as expected.

ksdixon, Apr 6, 2016
  3. badrobot Win User
    Reset only brings everything back to "factory settings" and does not necessarily upgrades to the latest build. It only resets the same build you have installed.

badrobot, Apr 6, 2016
  4. That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

Well FF and Chrome have been aggressively blocking security threats. Java and Flash are 2 of the security leaks that are exploited. The Zero day virus/malware attacks feast of Flash and Java. Thats why the web is moving away from the to HTML5 which Edge is more compatible then IE is.

orlbuckeye, Apr 6, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

What's discussing Browsers (again YAWN YAWN) got to do with giving up on W10. Browsers are a personal choice - use what you like -- and most of them work on Linux too (not IE / Edge though).

I read this thread and thought it had something sensible to say -- not another one of these endless tedious Browser comparisons.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 6, 2016
  6. Given the outcome, surely it likely to have been an issue:
    • With that particular W10 build
    • Caused by a Windows Updater not performing the in-place Upgrade without glitches
    The OP was planning to drop W10, if Firefox (his personal choice) wouldn't work on it.

Given the original post, there are two obvious paths the discussion could take:
    • Browser Problems
    • W10 Problems
    Posters chose to "attack" the issue as a browser problem.

Would the thread have been better if the comments were of the "W10 is the best OS ever" vs "W10 is a POS" threads?

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

That's it, giving up on Windows 10.

1. That's it, giving up on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - That's giving

2. PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63: Hi,For several months now my computer has been randomly resetting or just hanging up screen frozen without any particular reason that I can come up with.I don't know how to proceed with diagnostics, since I can't interpret minidumps not event logs any further.Windows update...
  3. PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63: Hi,For several months now my computer has been randomly resetting or just hanging up screen frozen without any particular reason that I can come up with.I don't know how to proceed with diagnostics, since I can't interpret minidumps not event logs any further.Windows update...
  4. PC Suddenly and Randomly restarting, Event viewer giving Kernel Power Event ID:41 Category 63

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I only see my screensaver after not giving input on my keyboard or mouse for a while.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only see my screensaver after not giving input on my keyboard or mouse for a while.: Hi, its really quite simple, after i dont touch my keyboard or mouse for a while my screen just only shows my wallpaper and hides all my apps and taskbar. i have tried to stop this from happening by using for example an autoclicker but with no success. I have tried watching...
  6. I only see my screensaver after not giving input on my keyboard or mouse for a while.

I only see my screensaver after not giving input on my keyboard or mouse for a while.: Hi, its really quite simple, after i dont touch my keyboard or mouse for a while my screen just only shows my wallpaper and hides all my apps and taskbar. i have tried to stop this from happening by using for example an autoclicker but with no success. I have tried watching...
  7. My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...: My PC specs are as follows:CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU - RTX 4060RAM - G.Skill 2 8Gb sticksStorage - hp SSD EX900 M.2 500GbMotherboard - B450M DS3H My CPU and GPU are recently upgraded as of December of 2023, otherwise the RAM, storage, and motherboard are 5 years old.I have...
  8. My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...

My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...: My PC specs are as follows:CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU - RTX 4060RAM - G.Skill 2 8Gb sticksStorage - hp SSD EX900 M.2 500GbMotherboard - B450M DS3H My CPU and GPU are recently upgraded as of December of 2023, otherwise the RAM, storage, and motherboard are 5 years old.I have...
  9. My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I want to transfer a Microsoft game from one pc to another and I cant get it to give me a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to transfer a Microsoft game from one pc to another and I cant get it to give me a...: I want to transfer a Microsoft game from one pc to another and I cant get it to give me a code on the old device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-transfer-a-microsoft-game-from-one-pc-to/4287d1d4-1541-4df6-b941-8d2e38894e9c