Windows 10: The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?

Discus and support The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?The new update installed with no creation of restore point. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mimismimikos, Jul 17, 2019.

1. The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?

The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?The new update installed with no creation of restore point.

This is bad.

:)

mimismimikos, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Mr McC Win User

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders? :confused:

Mr McC, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 17, 2019
  4. The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?

Icons on the desktop

Hi,

There are several reasons for your desktop icons not to stay put such as changes in registry, system cache, or an enabled
    Auto arrange icon setting. To rectify your issue with keeping your icons arranged, we suggest that you right-click on any blank space on your desktop, click
    View, then make sure that the check mark for Auto arrange icon is removed.

If the issue persist even after performing the steps above, you can rebuild your icon cache. This method solves most issues with incorrectly displayed icons. Here are the steps to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the
      Run box.
    • Type %userprofile%, then hit Enter.
    • Go to the AppData folder, then open the Local
      folder.
    • Select the IconCache file, then click Delete.

If you're having challenges finding the IconCache file, you have to make sure that your hidden items are visible. Below are the steps:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?

1. The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders? - Similar Threads - 1903 update messed

2. Messed up desktop icon layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up desktop icon layout: While I was playing Team Foretress 2 the screen glitched for a second and went back to normal. At first I didn't think much of it but when I closed the game now all of my desktop icons are screwed up, all of the other icons that don't fit get smooshed into the top left...
  3. Messed up desktop icon layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up desktop icon layout: While I was playing Team Foretress 2 the screen glitched for a second and went back to normal. At first I didn't think much of it but when I closed the game now all of my desktop icons are screwed up, all of the other icons that don't fit get smooshed into the top left...
  4. How can I get OneDrive to back up my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get OneDrive to back up my downloads folder?: So I tend to keep a decent chunk of my files in my downloads folder out of habit, and I just now realized that OneDrive only has options to back up the desktop, documents, and pictures folders. How can I tell it to back up my downloads folder as well, given that I have a lot...
  5. How can I get OneDrive to back up my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get OneDrive to back up my downloads folder?: So I tend to keep a decent chunk of my files in my downloads folder out of habit, and I just now realized that OneDrive only has options to back up the desktop, documents, and pictures folders. How can I tell it to back up my downloads folder as well, given that I have a lot...
  6. Messed up User "Video" folder, how to get it back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messed up User "Video" folder, how to get it back?: Hi, I moved the user video folder to a second hard drive and then tried pinning it to Quick Access. It didn't pin properly so I set it back to default. I did this a few times trying to get the Video icon to appear in Quick Access when pinned there. Nothing worked....
  7. How to get my Desktop icons Back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get my Desktop icons Back?: Recently, I have made a "Reset this PC keeping files" on my pc. After everything went well, my PC started up and OneDrive Automatically started syncing my Desktop with my OneDrive. Now, the problem is that the Desktop has 8GB of Data but my OneDrive is a free account so it...
  8. I messed up my icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up my icons: Kinda new to windows and did something odd, dont know how to change it back. I downloaded a .rar file, and did not have any program associated with opening it. I had 7zip installed, but not set as the default for that type of file. I right clicked the .rar and selected "open...
  9. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...
  10. How can I get my folders back after Desktop updating?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I get my folders back after Desktop updating?: Hi everybody! I use Windows 10 and yesterday my system automatically updated my old desktop to a new one and now I have this so called "Start Menu 8 v 4" (at least that's how it's called, i don't know). I lost all the folders I used to have on my desktop. I found them somehow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Updates 1903 messed my window 10can not get at anything to start Windows 10 just blinking blue screen

2. windows 10 messed up desktop icons

3. windows 10 install messed up everything

4. microsft update 1903 messed up desktop icons,
  5. windows 1903 messed up,
  6. Is update messed up everything