Windows 10: The 1909 build upgrade is a double download

Discus and support The 1909 build upgrade is a double download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just got one KB and after rebooting was offered the Feature upgrade to 1909.. Seemed to install normally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Saltgrass, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Saltgrass Win User

The 1909 build upgrade is a double download

Just got one KB and after rebooting was offered the Feature upgrade to 1909.. Seemed to install normally.

:)

Saltgrass, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

1909 in the offing?

No. I'm suggesting that to install 1909 first Setup installs 1903 (18362) then it switch on the 1909 (18363) features with the Enablement Package.

1909 is not a full Feature Update in the normal sense, this is the first Feature Update to be performed via a form of cumulative update. See my post #115

3. DaveM121 Win User
    1909 Release date

Hi Moatassem

While there is no official release date, it is expected that version 1909, will be released approx. on Patch Tuesday in October (2nd Tuesday of October)

If you are already running, that will be downloaded automatically as a cumulative update to version 1903, rather than as a full Feature Update . . .

Otherwise, the release of 1909 will be similar to the 1903 release, it will be a stepped release to compatible devices first . . .etc.

DaveM121, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Barman58 Win User

1909 in the offing?

My thoughts on updating older revisions

The version being offered in the Autumn (fall) is to be mainly a bug fix, but some features may also be altered or added, Not as many as has been previously but it is more of a hybrid between a feature upgrade and a Bug Fix Update than a regular "Bug Fix Update"

I would have to assume that someone running an older revision of Windows 10 would be updated using just the installer for 1909, as I am assuming that the 1909 Download will be capable of installing to a bare disk, If the upgrade is through WU I would assume that the process would install the latest revision of all the changes from the Base install being upgraded

A totally forced manual install (Upgrade) of 1909, where Microsoft does not consider the system ready / suitable would possibly need a step by step approach installing the intermediate Revisions, correcting these, to work with the system, and then moving on to the next . In this case a fresh install would possibly be the best way, but may be rejected for the reasons for Microsoft deciding not to upgrade

Barman58, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. The 1909 build upgrade is a double download - Similar Threads - 1909 build upgrade

2. No transparency at all in build 1909?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No transparency at all in build 1909?: I just upgraded 7 to 10 and was happy with the smooth transition, much better than the first time I tried it, but I have absolutely no transparency anywhere, windows, taskbar, borders, nothing, even though it is enabled, and searching the forum produces older posts about...
  3. No transparency at all in build 1909?

in Windows 10 Support
    No transparency at all in build 1909?: I just upgraded 7 to 10 and was happy with the smooth transition, much better than the first time I tried it, but I have absolutely no transparency anywhere, windows, taskbar, borders, nothing, even though it is enabled, and searching the forum produces older posts about...
  4. Windows 10 1903/1909 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903/1909 upgrade: Like many people, I have had immense problems with the new version upgrade for Win10. For background, our household has four commercial laptops (2x HP, one Dell, one Lenova) that ALL updated automatically to release 1903 earlier this fall without a hiccup. That leaves my...
  5. Broken notifications on 1909 Build?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken notifications on 1909 Build?: I am experiencing a lot of lost notifications in this build. While I can always see new incoming messages in live tiles (Mail, Skype or Messenger app), sound and Action Centre notifications works in less than 50%. All these apps runs as background apps. Restart fixes it for a...
  6. Download Windows 10 1909 ISO

Download Windows 10 1909 ISO: There is a way to download the Windows 10 1909 ISO directly; this post describes how. If you want to download the Windows 10 ISO a Google search will lead you to www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 which will require you to use the Media Creation Tool to...
  7. money 2000 and windows build 1909

money 2000 and windows build 1909: I have been using Microsoft Money 2000 on windows 10, build 1803 (it needed a registry change in internet explorer in order to work). When i update to build 1909 Money 2000 will not work even with the registry change that was need in build 1803...
  8. Upgrading From 1903 to 1909

Upgrading From 1903 to 1909: So I decided to get back into Windows after switching to Mac due to work requirements. Well I see that 1903 is available and after all the other necessary updates on my system HP Probook G3, Windows updates find the Update and it downloads, goes thru the whole we're getting...
  9. " requiring double input to show since upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    " requiring double input to show since upgrade: Unsure if this is the right sub-forum or even which would be but anyhow, since upgrading I'm having to input quotation marks in lots of 2 like "" for them to show up (which is friggin idiotic as it makes using them a f-ing hassel) I'm assuming it has something to do with how...
  10. Why The Apparent Double Download Of PDF's ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why The Apparent Double Download Of PDF's ?: thank you very much for that. it fixed the problem. *Smile