Windows 10: The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the...

Discus and support The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thegreatestminer [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thegreatestminer, Nov 13, 2019.

1. The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the...

/u/thegreatestminer, Nov 13, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Nov 13, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 13, 2019
  4. The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the...

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the...

1. The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the... - Similar Threads - 1909 update causes

2. Attempting to access C:\ causes file explorer to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to access C:\ causes file explorer to freeze and crash: If I right or left-click C:\ or any folder within it from quick access, file explorer freezes and crashes. I experienced this problem once before, and I reinstalled windows to fix it. I had chalked it up to a weird bug, but now it's happened twice in two weeks. The only weird...
  3. Attempting to access C:\ causes file explorer to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting to access C:\ causes file explorer to freeze and crash: If I right or left-click C:\ or any folder within it from quick access, file explorer freezes and crashes. I experienced this problem once before, and I reinstalled windows to fix it. I had chalked it up to a weird bug, but now it's happened twice in two weeks. The only weird...
  4. Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.: Anytime I try to update/roll back or do anything with my GPU drivers my PC crashes into a black screen. When it boots back in if it even does, sometimes I end up in a boot loop and have to revert to a restore point or completely reinstall Windows I end up with the Microsoft...
  5. Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.

Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.: Anytime I try to update/roll back or do anything with my GPU drivers my PC crashes into a black screen. When it boots back in if it even does, sometimes I end up in a boot loop and have to revert to a restore point or completely reinstall Windows I end up with the Microsoft...
  6. Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  8. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  9. Unable to extract any .zip archives

10. Failed to extract archive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed to extract archive: I'm trying to install TurboTax 2020 and every time I click on the file I get Failed to extract archive. On their forum they have instructions which I have tried several times and I still get the same error...