Windows 10: The 2004 update has completely broken my system

Discus and support The 2004 update has completely broken my system in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I guess I made the mistake of updating Windows early, I get constant crashes and error messages. Along with a crash when I empty the recycle bin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThatChackGuy, May 29, 2020.

1. The 2004 update has completely broken my system

So I guess I made the mistake of updating Windows early, I get constant crashes and error messages. Along with a crash when I empty the recycle bin, file explorer not working half the time and system restore/ repair just not doing anything. And chkdsk errors out.

Here's a imgur link for some of the errors I get. I assume all I can do now is a fresh install. I don't know what to do, any help would be great

submitted by /u/ThatChackGuy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThatChackGuy, May 29, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond The 2004 update has completely broken my system :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 29, 2020
  3. Pipps Win User
    Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, May 29, 2020
  4. The 2004 update has completely broken my system

Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, May 29, 2020
Thema:

The 2004 update has completely broken my system

1. The 2004 update has completely broken my system - Similar Threads - 2004 update has

2. WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc: After I started up my PC from sleep mode I’ve been getting an error from WerFault, at first it just showed the error message without anything else. Then none of the windows app would open/function properly Settings, Start Menu, Photos app, etc… then after closing my pc again...
  3. WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc: After I started up my PC from sleep mode I’ve been getting an error from WerFault, at first it just showed the error message without anything else. Then none of the windows app would open/function properly Settings, Start Menu, Photos app, etc… then after closing my pc again...
  4. WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system: My system downloaded windows 11. My system won't boot, and when I go into recovery options, anything I try doesn't work as it's not recognizing my password. I can't get to the command prompt. Nothing happens when I try all the options in start up in recovery. What can I do?...
  6. windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system: My system downloaded windows 11. My system won't boot, and when I go into recovery options, anything I try doesn't work as it's not recognizing my password. I can't get to the command prompt. Nothing happens when I try all the options in start up in recovery. What can I do?...
  7. Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely: Windows live update September-october 2020 drivers update and install failure with the 2004 version win 10 pro I had done the media creation took process and every other process thats been listed to sort it. I also had the nvidia geforce gtx970 vga card device drivers...
  8. 2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop: HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 running windows 2004. Power button is set to Sleep. Pressing the power button and the laptop enters Sleep. Press it again to wake up. If I leave my laptop the screen is supposed to turn off. What happens is it restarts. I'm not sure if it's...
  9. Windows 10 Update 2004 - Broken Cellular System

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update 2004 - Broken Cellular System: After upgrading numerous laptop to Windows 10 v2004, the cellular system has stopped working. I have updated drivers, fw, and reset the network settings. I have tested the sim card in a mobile device and it works fine. Please can someone assist. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Update is completely broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update is completely broken: I have an issue with Windows Update which makes the entire service unusable. When I open Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update, there is a blank screen and nothing more. Upon checking the Windows Update service, I saw it was disabled, so when I go to reenable it and start...