Windows 10: The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device

Discus and support The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is adding new features to Windows 10 with each update and while it improves the overall experience, the third-party apps still play a key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 28, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device

Microsoft is adding new features to Windows 10 with each update and while it improves the overall experience, the third-party apps still play a key role in productivity. If you recently bought a new Windows PC or you’d like to try undiscovered apps on your current device, here is our list of best Windows 10 apps.

Best Windows 10 apps of the year 2018

Out list of the best Windows 10 apps includes both free and paid titles. Without any further ado, here are some of our top picks to try out on your new PC.

Eartrumpet

EarTrumpet is an advanced replacement for the default audio settings. The app was originally released in 2015, but back in June, the developers updated Eartrumpet to 2.0 with tons of new changes.

The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device EarTrumpet.jpg

EarTrumpet is supposed to help you manage the audio devices, change the volume of individual apps, quickly mute the web browsers and you can also move apps between your different default audio devices. Just like the legacy audio mixer, the EarTrumpet can be accessed directly from the taskbar.

When EarTrumpet is installed, you will notice a new icon of volume controller in the taskbar which represents.

EarTrumpet is completely free and available for download from the Microsoft Store. If you are interested and you’d like to upgrade your audio controls, you can grab EarTrumpet 2.0 from the Store here.

ShareX

ShareX is a completely free, open source and a feature-rich app to capture and edit screenshots.

The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device ShareX-for-Windows.jpg

Unlike the built-in snipping tool, it comes with the ability to take basic screenshots alongside with GIF and video capture tools. Here’s a look at the notable features of ShareX:

• ShareX can screenshot any program and it also offers screen capture of all type including scrolling, webpage and auto capture.
    • You can also add annotations and watermarks to images.
    • Keyboard shortcuts which can be customized.

ShareX is an impressive program and it won’t disappoint you. There are various advanced settings. For example, you can choose what ShareX should do after capturing the screen or you can set your screen recording hotkey to upload to a specific destination.

You can download ShareX from the Microsoft Store here.

Groupy

Stardock’s Groupy turns your open windows into the equivalent of browser tabs. Groupy is similar to Microsoft’s delayed Windows 10 Sets interface which also allows users to simply drag one open window over another to group them together.

Groupy allows two windows to become one and you will notice a new bar at the top which carries each grouped program just like how Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome holds web tabs. Groupy works with almost all programs including the apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device Groupy.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Stardock

The grouped apps behave like you’d expect them to. For example, you can hold and drag an app out from the grouped tabs window or hover over a tab to preview the content of the app. The users can switch between different grouped programs with Alt + Tab keyboard combination and you can minimize the grouped window into your taskbar.

Groupy is an advanced app but it offers a clean and straightforward interface. You can easily customize the settings and you allow the app to automatically group similar windows together.

You can allow Groupy to automatically group windows when moved on top of each other, when the Shift key is held down or when Ctrl is held down.

You can use Groupy for free for 30 days but if you’d like to use it for more than a month, you would need to purchase the license for $9.99. You can download the app from here.

QuickLook

QuickLook is a Microsoft Store app that allows you to preview most of the file types from within File Explorer. The feature is similar to macOS’ Quick Look that allows you to see a quick preview of a file by just hitting the space bar.

The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device QuickLook.jpg

The interface of QuickLook is modern and it comes with all basic functionality such as the ability to zoom in on PDFs with the ctrl+ mouse wheel.

QuickLook works like you’d expect it to. You can preview the file by simply pressing the Spacebar. You can hit Esc to close the previewing, press enter to run or close the preview, or the users can also use Ctrl+Mouse Wheel to zoom in on images, PDFs, and documents.

It works well for most file types including PDFs but it might take an extra few seconds if you preview large or complicated files such as GIFs.

Quick Look is also available for download via Microsoft Store.

myTube!

The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device myTube.jpg

myTube! continues to be the best YouTube app for Windows 10. myTube! features a modern UI designed to suit tablets, 2-in-1s and large screen desktop.

The modern third-party YuoTube lets you watch videos while you read comments or browse the feed or do anything else in the app. Similar to YouTube’s new mini player, myTube will continue to play the video content no matter what you’re doing in the app.

myTube is currently available for download from the Microsoft Store at just $0.99.

The post The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2018
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Occasional BSOD while shut down (Windows 10)

sounds like some app or device not unloading cleanly
    @Kursah he said DURNING SHUT DOWN AND ONLY DURING SHUTDOWN
    none of your suggestions are relevant if thats true

open blue screen view and look at the top 5 or 10 entries that should give you a idea on what device is mis-behaving

OneMoar, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. The 5 best apps for your Windows 10 device - Similar Threads - best apps device

2. 5+ Best Windows 11 Wallpaper Apps to Customize Your PC

in Windows 10 News
    5+ Best Windows 11 Wallpaper Apps to Customize Your PC: People love customizing their desktops. With the advent of Windows 11, there are several apps to customize the desktop to your liking. Here are some amazing apps that can help customize your Windows 11 look. Lively Wallpaper This amazing app gives you a huge selection of...
  3. The best drivers for your device are already installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The best drivers for your device are already installed: Hello! I am trying to install the drivers for a Epilog Mini laser engraver. It's an older machine from 2012, but online it has updated drivers for Windows 10 which I am using for the installation. They come with instructions on how to install the drivers, that goes like...
  4. The best drivers for your device are already installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The best drivers for your device are already installed: Hello! I am trying to install the drivers for a Epilog Mini laser engraver. It's an older machine from 2012, but online it has updated drivers for Windows 10 which I am using for the installation. They come with instructions on how to install the drivers, that goes like...
  5. The best drivers for your device are already installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. The best drivers for your device are already installed (Windows 10).

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The best drivers for your device are already installed (Windows 10).: Windows 10: Version: 2004 Build: 19041.508 Bit: x64 When I search for an update for any driver, Windows instantly tells me I have the best drivers installed when I do not. I had this issue ages back, but the issue was with me being connected to the wrong wifi. It's not...
  7. Your Phone app or best alternative to Pushbullet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app or best alternative to Pushbullet: Hi, I've followed all the troubleshooting instructions from the Your Phone app trying to grant permission for PC and phone to access\exchange data, but nothing works. It just times out and asks me to resend. If I go to "get help" on the phone app, it leads me to download...
  8. " The best drivers for your device are already installed"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    " The best drivers for your device are already installed": Hey guys i have a problem that i cant find a solution to. I have a TP-LINK Wireless adapter, the model is a TP-WN823N When I inserted it into my pc, windows 10 Pro installed its own drivers for my adapter and I cant install the manufactures own drivers It keeps on...
  9. 5 Best Photo viewers for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    5 Best Photo viewers for Windows 10: Photos hold a sentimental value and remind us of good times with family and friends. To relieve these happy moments, Windows 10 comes with a default app called Photos that allows users to browse through their saved photos, but it’s not perfect. With time, third-party photo...
  10. The best apps for your new Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    The best apps for your new Windows 10 PC: Whether you just received a new Windows PC or spend the holiday upgrading yours to Windows 10, this is our list of our most-used and most-important apps. (And if you haven't upgraded to Windows 10, you maybe should — it's really good!) Browsing through the official Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mytube This app will not work on your device