Windows 10: The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.

Discus and support The 6 key keeps pressing on its own. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This started a few days ago, number 6 key appears as i type . I got no clue yet what is causing this . Its really frustrating. and i rarely even press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OtherWay1982, May 28, 2020.

1. The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.

This started a few days ago, number 6 key appears as i type .
    I got no clue yet what is causing this .

Its really frustrating. and i rarely even press that key.
    The key looks clean too .

:)

OtherWay1982, May 28, 2020

2. The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.

This started a few days ago, number 6 key appears as i type .
    I got no clue yet what is causing this .

Its really frustrating. and i rarely even press that key.
    The key looks clean too .

OtherWay1982, May 28, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, May 28, 2020
  4. spunk Win User

The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.

There is something that is making one of the keys stuck, it may not be the 6 key.
    Turn the keyboard Upside down and shake it, blow out the keyboard between the keys with a can of compressed air.
    Try a different keyboard.

spunk, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. The 6 key keeps pressing on its own. - Similar Threads - key keeps pressing

2. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  3. System keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System keeps restarting on its own: Hello first a few details:Windows 10PC is an MSI Infinite X 9RTX 2070The PC keeps restarting on its own, doesn't matter what it's currently doing. It happens randomly, when it does the screen goes black and the fans of thw gpu start spinning to 100%, the led lighting inside...
  4. System keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System keeps restarting on its own: Hello first a few details:Windows 10PC is an MSI Infinite X 9RTX 2070The PC keeps restarting on its own, doesn't matter what it's currently doing. It happens randomly, when it does the screen goes black and the fans of thw gpu start spinning to 100%, the led lighting inside...
  5. W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys: I am running windows 11 home version on an acer desktop and since yesterday I started having an issue where the W key is stuck and continuously repeating any time I open a page where there is space to type. I thought it was an issue with the keyboard itself so I swapped it...
  6. W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys: I am running windows 11 home version on an acer desktop and since yesterday I started having an issue where the W key is stuck and continuously repeating any time I open a page where there is space to type. I thought it was an issue with the keyboard itself so I swapped it...
  7. ctrl and alt key keeps pressing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ctrl and alt key keeps pressing on its own: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sumeru_the [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vwbu21/ctrl_and_alt_key_keeps_pressing_on_its_own/
  8. ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own: ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own very often and even more when i plug in the charger, the worst part is that it stacks up on like 5-6 times and it's annoying submitted by /u/K1ryu-Ch4n [link] [comments]...
  9. The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.

in Windows 10 Support
    The 6 key keeps pressing on its own.: This started a few days ago, number 6 key appears as i type . I got no clue yet what is causing this . Its really frustrating. and i rarely even press that key. The key looks clean too . 157258
  10. Laptop pressing its own keys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop pressing its own keys: Hello, I've recently received a new laptop for school. When I use it, I usually just slam the lid down and shove it into my backpack. In the past few weeks, I've noticed that when I'd get home and open up my laptop, all the keys have been pressed and there's...