Windows 10: the 6n folder located in Documents folder

Discus and support the 6n folder located in Documents folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10/64: I have just found a folder titled "6n" located in Documents which has exactly the same file folders as one I created for our family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ken smith26, Oct 29, 2020.

1. the 6n folder located in Documents folder

Windows 10/64: I have just found a folder titled "6n" located in Documents which has exactly the same file folders as one I created for our family photos. I did not intentionally create this folder. Why is it there and can I delete it?

:)

ken smith26, Oct 29, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 29, 2020
  4. the 6n folder located in Documents folder

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

the 6n folder located in Documents folder

1. the 6n folder located in Documents folder - Similar Threads - folder located Documents

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change documents folder location

Can't change documents folder location: So I have an issue very similar to this one, but felt it was too old to bump. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-documents-folder-location-because/01f84977-0271-49cf-9fc1-0e68b5aeb6d5I uninstalled OneDrive, so I don't think that can be the cause...
  6. Can't change documents folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change documents folder location: So I have an issue very similar to this one, but felt it was too old to bump. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-documents-folder-location-because/01f84977-0271-49cf-9fc1-0e68b5aeb6d5I uninstalled OneDrive, so I don't think that can be the cause...
  7. Can't change documents folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reassign location of "Documents" folder to secondary Drive??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reassign location of "Documents" folder to secondary Drive??: My laptop has two drives, Drive C: is a Solid State drive w/ 118 GB capacity which is nearly full. Drive D: is a disk that has over 900 GB. Since I am running low on space for Drive C:, I would like to know if its possible to change the location of the "Documents" folder to...
  9. can't change location of Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    can't change location of Documents folder: chased down a bunch of posts for the error message but not found an answer yet I added a new registry entry that was a post suggestion to fix [img] I'm suspicious it has some thing to do with Documents being in OneDrive? The folder, mydocs, on my G drive is a copy of the...
  10. Can't change documents folder location because "there is a folder in same location that...

Can't change documents folder location because "there is a folder in same location that...: Hello. I reinstalled Windows and want to redirect my Documents and Pictures folder to be in their own folder on my HDD instead of on my C drive in Properties >Location since my C drive is a smaller SSD. It worked fine for my music, videos, and downloads. However, documents...