Windows 10: The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...

Discus and support The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Checked community posts to solve this problem and advice generally advises to perform operations not available in my verions, like turning on or off... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Status has a mind of its, Mar 16, 2019.

1. The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...

Checked community posts to solve this problem and advice generally advises to perform operations not available in my verions, like turning on or off user admin or typing into cmd promoter "User...."

:)

Status has a mind of its, Mar 16, 2019

2. installation requires administrative privileges

All users on an AD do not have administrative rights.

On most computers (windows 10, 7) when launching an application setup, I get a sign-in box that asks for the credentials of an administrator to proceed with the install.

But on only a few windows 7 computers, when trying to install an application I get a pop-up indicating: installation requires administrative privileges and my only choice is a button ''Close''

How can I change this to allow an administrator to sign in to proceed with the install?

mjutras_JAB, Mar 16, 2019
  3. software install: Administrative Privileges Required

Hi All,

I just built a fresh Win10 machine. Its part of a windows domain which applies admin accounts.

I've updated the machine, and allowed all group policies to apply. I have verified that my domain admin account is a local admin on the PC.

When I try to install MS Office from a click-to-run installer, i get an error message with this title: Administrative Privileges Required

what's strange is when I right-click on the installer and choose "run as administrator, I never get the UAC, but the same error message simply pops up.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Zane Donaldson, Mar 16, 2019
  4. The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...

Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

OK, I tried Dinesh's tutorial. First, here's a list of accounts for my machine:

The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the... [​IMG]

I held down Shift and rebooted, and got the WinRE splash screen. I was prompted to log in, with "Dan" my only option:

The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the... [​IMG]

If I clicked on "Don't see your account", I got this:

Is it suggesting that "Dan" is an administrator account? Oh, that it were so... I went back, selected the "Dan" account, and it booted into command prompt. I then attempted the first of Dinesh's instructions:

Hello darkness, my old friend... "Access Denied."

Dan

shortmort37, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...

1. The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the... - Similar Threads - account logon does

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. account administrator privileges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  5. account administrator privileges?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  6. Administrator account does not seem to have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not seem to have administrator privileges: I have both local and microsoft accounts, both show as "Administrator". I've set both to be in the "Administrators" group. Yet I still can't use "run as administrator" on either account. There's no error message, just nothing happens at all. I've been all over the net...
  7. Storage optimization requires administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage optimization requires administrative privileges: i have recently been getting a strange message from windows defrag when ever i log into windows. the message reads "Storage optimization requires administrative privileges. To Perform this task, you must log on using an administrator account" I am the only user of this...
  8. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not have administrator privileges: Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please...
  9. Administrative account with no administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrative account with no administrative privileges: Lead up I have been working on an issue where a user cannot open attachments from Outlook in Word. This problem is caused by Word not being able to access the Fonts folder, I need to change the privileges, no clue how it keeps getting changed. Problem I cannot change the...
  10. software install: Administrative Privileges Required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software install: Administrative Privileges Required: Hi All, I just built a fresh Win10 machine. Its part of a windows domain which applies admin accounts. I've updated the machine, and allowed all group policies to apply. I have verified that my domain admin account is a local admin on the PC. When I try to install MS...