Windows 10: The action can not be completed because the file is open in Windows Rundll32

Discus and support The action can not be completed because the file is open in Windows Rundll32 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can delete file in system drive only when I shut down the Rundll32.exe in TaskManger and I need to do that each time while I boost. and also many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windows Category - All, May 9, 2021.

1. The action can not be completed because the file is open in Windows Rundll32

I can delete file in system drive only when I shut down the Rundll32.exe in TaskManger and I need to do that each time while I boost. and also many applications's autosave function are not working before I terminate Rundll32.

:)

Windows Category - All, May 9, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Rundll32.dll?

Make sure to use an adminstrative command prompt.

Try this: ICACLS "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.dll" /T /grant Everyone:F or ICACLS c:\windows\system32\rundll32.dll /T /grant Everyone:F
    Can't remember if it is with, or without, quotes.

But, why do all this... try FileAssassin by Malwarebytes, if you are trying to delete the files, but be careful, if you delete the Rundll32.dll files your OS may take a cr*p on you.

95Viper, May 9, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2021
  4. MoonPig Win User

The action can not be completed because the file is open in Windows Rundll32

Rundll32.dll?

FileAssasin can't delete it, lol.

The action can not be completed because the file is open in Windows Rundll32 Untitled957.jpg

Meh, gunna format.

MoonPig, May 9, 2021
Thema:

The action can not be completed because the file is open in Windows Rundll32

1. The action can not be completed because the file is open in Windows Rundll32 - Similar Threads - action completed file

2. This action can’t be completed because the file is open in Windows host process Rundll32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This action can’t be completed because the file is open in Windows host process Rundll32: Whenever I try to delete, move, or otherwise change the location of a file I am met with this error code. This only occurs in my B drive, which is an internal SATA SSD....
  3. this action cannot be completed because because file is open in windows event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this action cannot be completed because because file is open in windows event log: I am unable to delete this file can somebody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-action-cannot-be-completed-because-because/bbd303d5-664a-4e97-a9d3-289a345eb2f5
  4. this action cannot be completed because because file is open in windows event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this action cannot be completed because because file is open in windows event log: I am unable to delete this file can somebody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-action-cannot-be-completed-because-because/bbd303d5-664a-4e97-a9d3-289a345eb2f5
  5. This action can't be completed because the file is open in System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This action can't be completed because the file is open in System: Hi, I intend to delete files in the WindowsApps>MSIXVC folder. Everytime I delete the files, I get a message "This action can't be completed because the file is open in System. I have already taken the ownership of the files and the folder. Please help on how to delete this...
  6. This action can't be completed because the file is open in System

This action can't be completed because the file is open in System: Hi, I intend to delete files in the WindowsApps>MSIXVC folder. Everytime I delete the files, I get a message "This action can't be completed because the file is open in System. I have already taken the ownership of the files and the folder. Please help on how to delete this...
  7. The action can't be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer

The action can't be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer: Hello, I recently deleted a folder and everything is deleted but one file still not deleting and continuously giving error as mentioned in the subject of this question. I checked the task manager but there's no process running.here is the screenshot of error and the link to...
  8. The action can't be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The action can't be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer: Hello, I recently deleted a folder and everything is deleted but one file still not deleting and continuously giving error as mentioned in the subject of this question. I checked the task manager but there's no process running.here is the screenshot of error and the link to...
  9. The action can't be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer

10. The action can't be completed because the file is open in system

The action can't be completed because the file is open in system: i find a way to delete this file all day pls. tell me how to delete this file.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-action-cant-be-completed-because-the-file-is/9baf642b-e161-4282-93fc-efec1da46ffe"