Windows 10: The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program

Discus and support The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Below is the message I receive when I try to move a folder within One Drive using file explorer. Help? "The action can't be completed because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GlennBaron1, Oct 26, 2020.

1. The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program

Below is the message I receive when I try to move a folder within One Drive using file explorer. Help?
    "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program"

:)

GlennBaron1, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 26, 2020
  3. When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2020
  4. The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program

The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program...

Sorry, I'm not sure where to put this, but recently, I've tried to rename one of my files, and this message pops up (The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program...). I was trying to rename one of the files
    in the Steam (game distributing platform for those that didn't know) folder. I later tried to move the folder, but the same message popped up. So, I decided to drag a different into the same destination this "broken" folder was in. When I dragged a folder
    into that destination, nothing went wrong. I'm not sure what to do...

Please help me...thanks in advance.

Sorry again if I left this topic in the wrong area. I'm not sure where to put it, but I have the issue I have is on Windows 10.

TheLoneMaster, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program

1. The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program - Similar Threads - action can't completed

2. The action can't be completed because the file or folder is open in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The action can't be completed because the file or folder is open in windows explorer: Everytime I tried to delete some files an error is occurring showing above phrasePlease help me out with this annoying problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-action-cant-be-completed-because-the-file-or/250d0fe5-99ca-43a6-8288-30faad7049cd
  3. The action can't be completed because the file or folder is open in windows explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The action can't be completed because the file or folder is open in windows explorer: Everytime I tried to delete some files an error is occurring showing above phrasePlease help me out with this annoying problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-action-cant-be-completed-because-the-file-or/250d0fe5-99ca-43a6-8288-30faad7049cd
  4. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”: All I want to do is simply rename a folder. No apps are running, this happens even immediately after reboot. I'm trying random potential solutions found on Google but nothing is helping, and I am normally a Mac user so I am quite lost in general.Can someone please help me?...
  5. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”: All I want to do is simply rename a folder. No apps are running, this happens even immediately after reboot. I'm trying random potential solutions found on Google but nothing is helping, and I am normally a Mac user so I am quite lost in general.Can someone please help me?...
  6. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. This action cannot be completed because the folder or file is open in another program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This action cannot be completed because the folder or file is open in another program: We have all tried to delete stuff and are informed that the folder or file is currently open when it is not. While I realize there are workarounds such as rebooting or going into systems processes, let's all admit that it is a bug that really ought to be fixed. I shouldn't...
  8. File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program.: I cleaned out my computer and wanted to back up my computer manualy to OneDrive whitch I knew how to do that, What I did was I right clicked on the Local Disk (C:) and clicked on coppy but now this window error poped up on my screen saying this "[ATTACH]...
  9. the action can't be completed because the folder a file in it

in Windows 10 Support
    the action can't be completed because the folder a file in it: I am trying to rename a folder. I get the message below. [img] When I am doing this, I have closed all the files that were open. THe only thing I can think of is that there's still a file in that folder, in that instance of the program, that says...
  10. The action can't be completed.. open in another program

in Windows 10 Support
    The action can't be completed.. open in another program: I see. LockHunter doesn't work on individual files in the Recycle Bin. So try this: [img]