Windows 10: The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

Discus and support The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word on my laptop. I have Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TeniBurns, Sep 24, 2019.

1. TeniBurns Win User

The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word on my laptop. I have Windows 10

:)

TeniBurns, Sep 24, 2019

2. Spell Checker not working in Mail or Word Windows 10

The spelling checker is working in my Windows 10 Mail, and gives suggest corrections in a list, but there is no ADD function shown, to add the word to a custom dictionary. Office 365 Spell checker has this capability and saves the 'new' word to 'custom.dic'
    and 'roamingdefault.dic. Mail seems to have this function, as the 'misspelt' word is at the bottom of the suggested alternatives but with a + in front of it. I assume this will then add it to a Mail custom dictionary but I can find no reference to what its
    file name is or where is it located, so I cannot go and edit it, which I can do with the Office 365 dictionary.

Regards,

Ed

Fleetchief, Sep 24, 2019
  3. E66 - Possible to edit/delete word in T9 dictionary

Hi

I have a problem with my T9 dictionary.

A wrong word is added to the list and this is the first word to be suggested for a very common input, very annoying as the combination is used a lot.

Is it possible to edit the T9 list in the phone?

Rgds

Jesper

mathe---01, Sep 24, 2019
  4. The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

If you have the custom dictionary set to something other than All Languages then Word only lets you add words that are in the language you specified. In other words, if you set the language in step 6 to French, then you won't be able to add any words that are in English, German, Spanish, or some other language. You can always set up multiple custom dictionaries and make sure that each of them is configured to the different languages in which you are working.

FreeBooter, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

1. The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word. - Similar Threads - 'add dictionary' function

2. Can't add to custom dictionary Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add to custom dictionary Microsoft IME: With the Japanese IME, there are certain kanji that don't show up in that dropdown list when I type the reading. E.g. to . I tried adding these myself with the Microsoft IME User Dictionary Tool, but it's not working. I can see the word was successfully added to the...
  3. Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary

Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary: I am a Desktop Technicain and I have a strange issue that I cannot seem to resolve.I need to find several misspelled words that were accidently added to the dictionary. I am unable to locate the words so I can delete them. I have checked in WORD-Options- Proofing-Custom...
  4. Autocorrect Dictionary - Word

Autocorrect Dictionary - Word: Does anyone know how to back up the auto correct dictionary in Word when using Office 365 with Windows 10 or how to print a copy of the auto correct dictionary entries? I used to be able to do this with Windows 7 but cannot figure out how in Windows 10....
  5. Editing custom dictionary in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Editing custom dictionary in Word: I have found how to edit 'custom.dic' and have removed some oddities that had crept in. However one problem (that I know of) remains. In MSWord, I type the correct word and when I hit return it changes to an incorrect spelling (that I must have entered by mistake at some...
  6. Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word??: I want to type CNA and spell check always changes it to CAN??? Even when I go backward to correct, it corrects it again????? I', working in EXCEL in Mircrosoft Office 365. Thanks for help....
  7. Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10: How to: Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10 How to Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Recognition Dictionary Words in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone,...
  8. Dictionary in Word?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Dictionary in Word?: Good evening all, I am using the latest edition of Word. I've managed to add the Thesarus icon onto the Quick Access bar but I can't do the same for a dictionary. I want to use the dictionary to learn the meaning of selected words, as opposed to adding words to the grammar...
  9. Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10 Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10 Windows 8 and 10 includes a spell checking feature for when you type words anywhere in Windows. Dictionary Files: The...
  10. Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined: When typing a document and a word gets underlined in red, half the time I see 'Add to Dictionary' greyed out. Even when it is working, the same word is underlined in red when I go on to type a fresh document - and that occurs when I restart the PC, too. As you can imagine,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office 365 add to dictionary not working

2. add to dictionary function not working

3. mircrosoft word words not added to dictionary