Windows 10: The advanced microphone properties doesnt allow my usb mic to use studio quality

Discus and support The advanced microphone properties doesnt allow my usb mic to use studio quality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I think this is a new problem because my friends say my mic sounds different and I am pretty sure I used to be able to use studio quality,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by otserpico, Dec 18, 2019.

1. otserpico Win User

The advanced microphone properties doesnt allow my usb mic to use studio quality

The advanced microphone properties doesnt allow my usb mic to use studio quality 295672cb-5915-4369-8535-983b15eb39b8?upload=true.png

I think this is a new problem because my friends say my mic sounds different and I am pretty sure I used to be able to use studio quality, (which is still there for my headset mic), but now those arent even options. Was wondering if there was anyway to be able to use studio quality again

:)

otserpico, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Piesrgr8 Win User

Game DVR Microphone Quality Isn't Good

I don't understand, because I have a studio mic that is USB powered and is at least $150. The quality of this microphone is really good when used with other programs, but its quality isn't there with the game DVR. I have already tried boosting my mic quality
    with the settings, but that still doesn't help. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Piesrgr8, Dec 18, 2019
  3. AxAffect Win User
    Game DVR Microphone Quality Isn't Good

I think something must have changed with the Creator's Update. My Game DVR mic quality was really good before the update, and now it sounds terrible. Seems to only affect USB microphones though because I also tried it with an analog mic, and the quality
    was good. Updating my USB mic drivers didn't help.

Game DVR is the only program that is affected for me. All other recording software with my USB mic works as expected.

AxAffect, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Andrew Win User

The advanced microphone properties doesnt allow my usb mic to use studio quality

ATR 2500 USB Mic quality dropped suddenly

I've been using this mic for weeks to record voice overs in premiere pro on windows 10. Today the quality dropped significantly and I'm not sure why. Any help is appreciated - Here's what I've tried so far

• Uninstalled and reinstalled all audio drivers (failed)
    • Did a system restore to a point created 2 days ago (failed)
    • Ran through security settings for microphone to make sure programs are allow access
    • Tested the mic on my laptop: audio quality seems good there still
    • Ran troubleshooter on sound devices (failed to find issues)

Andrew, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. The advanced microphone properties doesnt allow my usb mic to use studio quality - Similar Threads - advanced microphone properties

2. Bluetooth headphones not allowing mic use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not allowing mic use: Tried connecting my Skullcandy Sesh ANC earbuds to use as a headset during desktop calls but the system won't let me activate/enable the mic on these?...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not allowing mic use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones not allowing mic use: Tried connecting my Skullcandy Sesh ANC earbuds to use as a headset during desktop calls but the system won't let me activate/enable the mic on these?...
  4. Microphone USB Mic

Microphone USB Mic: Hello, I have a FiFine USB Microphone, the T669 to be specific, and I have everything set up but when I connected it to my computer, it says, "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed". I went on YouTube and tried everything I saw on there and nothing worked, I...
  5. advanced properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced properties: i'm trying to make my mic less static by going into advanced mic properties which I found. but a lot of the settings are grayed out and I can't change them. this is my personal computer so this is kinda confusing. how do i unblock these settings such as the "default format"...
  6. Allow apps to use my microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to use my microphone: Hi Premiere pro is not showing in my list of allow apps to use my microphone. So I'm not able to use my Blue Yeti in premiere pro. Is there any way an app can be added to this list....
  7. Allow Messenger to use my camera and mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allow Messenger to use my camera and mic: I can not use messenger on my laptop as it does not recognize the camera and mic. I am in settings, privacy, camera but Messenger is not listed as one of the apps that can use my camera. I do not see how I can add that to the list. It's the same for microphone - no place...
  8. mic in headphone doesnt detect and my device use my laptop mic instead

mic in headphone doesnt detect and my device use my laptop mic instead: i follow all steps in the internet and yet not found any same problem as me and there is no solved probs bout this, i've already re-install and update all my audio driver its detect my headphone [ATTACH] but not my mic, its only detect my laptop mic [ATTACH] please...
  9. USB Microphones Low Volume/Poor Quality

USB Microphones Low Volume/Poor Quality: I have Samson, Snowball, and other USB microphones. They all sound GREAT on my older Win 7 Computer. On my high-end Win 10 computer, the volume is extremely low. I tried Equalizer APO with Peace equalizer, and they improved the volume, but the sound quality is not as good...
  10. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...