Windows 10: The all sounds just went out when booted, it's not muted, there's no sound whatsoever.

Discus and support The all sounds just went out when booted, it's not muted, there's no sound whatsoever. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As of writing this question, I have experienced this weird bug if it's a bug where when I boot up my Windows 10 computer, all sounds is just nowhere to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elmer Jr. G.Felisilda, Apr 8, 2020.

1. The all sounds just went out when booted, it's not muted, there's no sound whatsoever.

As of writing this question, I have experienced this weird bug if it's a bug where when I boot up my Windows 10 computer, all sounds is just nowhere to be heard. It's not muted, I've put it into the loudest volume it could do, and nothing. I encountered it for the first time when I started up my PC then went to Groove Music. I played a track, then it didn't play. It skipped into the next one, then to the next one, until it can't play anything because the format is unsupported the same goes to Windows Media Player. But the format is .mp3, and it worked previously. I opened the Control Panel and checked the sounds menu to see if the device is outputting the sound somewhere else, but there's nothing there. I tried running the troubleshooter, but it didn't detect anything which is weird the troubleshooter never give me what I need. I thought the files might be corrupted, but when I opened other files it opened as normal. I restarted hoping it would fix the problem, and it went to normal, the sounds are back, and Groove Music plays as normal. Should I be worried that I somehow got something broken or is this just a bug?

:)

Elmer Jr. G.Felisilda, Apr 8, 2020
  2. tallguy Win User

Sound won't come back after muting

Problem:

Plugging headphones (Sound plays) -> Muting -> Unmuting -> Sound doesn't play anymore

Fix (No restart required)

Sound doesn't play -> Mute (with headphones in) -> Unplug headphones ->Unmute (with headphones out) -> Mute (with headphones out) -> Plug headphones -> Unmute (with headphones in).

This is the shortest pattern I could find. Important to follow step by step. It might not work because I have no idea why it works on my end (without starting conspiracy theories about boolean variables being out of sync on the audio driver, which would be the most embarassing thing ever for whoever wrote these drivers).

tallguy, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Sounds mutes automatically

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 8, 2020
  4. $immond$ Win User

The all sounds just went out when booted, it's not muted, there's no sound whatsoever.

Sound keeps muting Ubuntu 10.10

Yes I have the sound setting for "Front" is stuck on mute and I cant uncheck it. My sound-card is integrated and listed as Nvidia MCP77/78 HDMI IEC958 and IEC958 PCM are checked.

Here are my system specs:

AMD 630 @ 3.4Ghz
    ASUS M3A78-CM
    6Gb DDR2 @ 667mHZ
    3X 500Gb RAID 0
    2900 Pro

I also have noticed when I the OS boots up fast but when I log in there is a huge delay and my system freezes temporarily I am not sure if it from my RAID array or if my system is trying to load the sound drivers.

$immond$, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

The all sounds just went out when booted, it's not muted, there's no sound whatsoever.

1. The all sounds just went out when booted, it's not muted, there's no sound whatsoever. - Similar Threads - sounds went booted

2. Muffled or muted sound when in call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  3. Sound Muted When Resuming Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Muted When Resuming Video: I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue an Audio Sub-System or a Driver issue. Background; UNtil a couple of days ago I had an Nvidia GTX 960 that I connected to my HDTV with an HDMI cable. I ran the video and audio through the GTX 960, into the TV and out to my speaker...
  4. Windows muting all sounds when using microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows muting all sounds when using microphone: My problem is when any program start to use my microhpone then all other app sound output is muted. I would like to hear game sounds for example when using discord. I tried all the solutions I found on the web and checked all possible settings related to sounds and...
  5. Sound went out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound went out: We just got new computers at work. I was listening to something as I worked and I hit the volume control on the Logitech Wireless K270 keyboard and the sound went completely out, even though all indications are there should be sound coming out. I didn't hit the mute button,...
  6. No sound whatsoever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound whatsoever: I have everything plugged in and in working order, yet no sound can be heard. It recognizes that there is sound but doesn’t play any. In fact it says the invidia output is not plugged in. I don’t know what to do and I’m at a loss. I need help, please!! submitted by...
  7. mute the sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    mute the sound: Previously I would click on the speaker in the task bar and be able to mute or unmute the sound. This is no longer working and I can't seem to change it in the settings. Any advice...
  8. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008
  9. Sound mutes when changing desktops

Sound mutes when changing desktops: Hi all, All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This has worked fine up until a couple of days ago and I've changed nothing. Any new updates that may have screwed this up or any...
  10. No Sound whatsoever

No Sound whatsoever: Hey guys, so before I wiped my entire PC the sound was working flawlessly - I would use the audio inputs for the Razer Blackwidow Chroma and it would work perfectly. Since the reset however, no sound has been discoverable, I get a red x on my speaker, and it says "No audio...