Windows 10: The "Alter-Graphic" Key Issue in my Setup

Discus and support The "Alter-Graphic" Key Issue in my Setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; +___ Hi. +___ I have been using the "Microsoft" "Windows" "10" operating system for almost five years already and yet it is still managing to amaze me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DOBRESCUMihai19, May 19, 2020.

1. The "Alter-Graphic" Key Issue in my Setup

+___ Hi.
    +___ I have been using the "Microsoft" "Windows" "10" operating system for almost five years already and yet it is still managing to amaze me from time to time with some kind of weird behavior.
    +___ I have the "Alter Graphic" key issue that you are probably already aware. Sometimes it gets stuck in a virtual way. I have to manually and physically press it once, then to release it and then the situation is coming back to normal.
    +___ I have recorded a nice video for all of you to cherish and enjoy. Please come back to questions if you feel like having more input related to this issue.
    +___ Best Regards,
    +___ DOBRESCU_Mihai.

:)

DOBRESCUMihai19, May 19, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Graphics card issue with Windows 10

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Try the following Method and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press
    Windows key + R key from the Desktop.

2. Type
    devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

3. Select the Graphic driver from the list.

4. Right click on the Graphic driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Let us know the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 19, 2020
  3. graphics card issue in Windows 10

Hi Harish,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I would suggest you to follow the same steps above suggested by Jenith_James and select the previous operating system like
    Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7 and install it
    and check if it helps.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    following the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver and select
      Update driver software.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the
    graphics card drivers and
    update and check.

Refer: How
    to install and update the drivers

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 19, 2020
  4. The "Alter-Graphic" Key Issue in my Setup

Issues with new Graphics Card install

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the graphic card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue persists or not.

Official Support | ASUS Global

Compatibility mode runs the driver using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on
      • Run this the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
      • Select Compatibility tab.
      • Place a check mark next to program in Compatibility mode and select previous the version of Windows from the drop down list.
      • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 19, 2020
Thema:

The "Alter-Graphic" Key Issue in my Setup

1. The "Alter-Graphic" Key Issue in my Setup - Similar Threads - Alter Graphic Key

2. Graphics Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Issue: My computer is displaying background apps like this, with extremely reduced quality for some reason. Is there any way to change it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-issue/866835d9-a4ad-4150-8e35-501d37fb6463
  3. Issue with setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with setup: I was trying to set up a free video editing software called 'Ezvid'. However, when I finished setting up, this thing popped up. Can you please help me? I am using a window 11 laptop....
  4. Issue with setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with setup: I was trying to set up a free video editing software called 'Ezvid'. However, when I finished setting up, this thing popped up. Can you please help me? I am using a window 11 laptop....
  5. Lost my genuine windows with office by altering a Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost my genuine windows with office by altering a Product key: Hello,I got my MSI gf63 laptop which comes with genuine Windows 10 Home with office in it. But I am curious about using a feature of Hyper-V present in Windows pro. So I changed Windows product key to Windows 10 Pro Education which is available in the official website. After...
  6. Do not alter this registry key FSIASleepTimeInMs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do not alter this registry key FSIASleepTimeInMs: Never remove alter or touch this registry Key.Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer"FSIASleepTimeInMs"=dword:0000ea60 its actually set to 60000.i was messing around found out this registry key turns off Windows defender/ Ransomware...
  7. Setup Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup Issues: I recently tryed making a windows 10 virtual machine with virtual box and i downloaded mediacreationtool and I closed it in Windows setup I already had Windows pre installed And then I went away for a bit and when I came back my settings backgrounds on my lock screen and...
  8. Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup: Greetings, as ive not found an answer on exact same Problem im asking here. before my System went fine. Got some new Hardware: Intel i7 7740x Asus x299 Prime Deluxe totally new, is a RMA as the Prior one really was buggy XFX RX570 8GB 1year old, running fine up to...
  9. Graphics issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics issue.: My laptop will occasionally freeze while doing light tasks such as having a few windows open while doing homework. It hasn't had any issues under heavy load such as gaming. This leads me to believe it is an issue with my internal graphics card. This isn't a complete freeze...
  10. Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup: Hello! Today, I got a new monitor to add to my setup. After setting up the monitor, I noticed my old main monitor (now my secondary) has strange glitches. My monitors: Main: BenQ XL2420T @ 1920x180 145Hz on GTX 760 Secondary: Samsung T24C350 @ 1920x1080 60Hz on GTX...