Windows 10: "The app didn't start" windows 10 video app

Discus and support "The app didn't start" windows 10 video app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I use the windows 10 video app to watch movies. It was working just fine until last week when I rebooted my computer. After the reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sgtfrog, Dec 11, 2016.

1. sgtfrog Win User

"The app didn't start" windows 10 video app

Hi there,

I use the windows 10 video app to watch movies. It was working just fine until last week when I rebooted my computer.
    After the reboot everytime i click on a movie file i get an error popup saying " The app didn't start".

I know I can change the default app to something else like VLC or windows media player or KLM etc... But I actually do like the basic windows 10 movies app.

Does anyone know how to fix/ repair this issue and Get the windows 10 app working again.

Thanks.

:)

sgtfrog, Dec 11, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Dec 11, 2016
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Dec 11, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Are you using the Movies & TV app ? Try to uninstall from Start Menu then reinstall from Store. Then check 'Default apps' in Action Center/System/Video player is set to your preference.

mrgeek, Dec 11, 2016
  5. sgtfrog Win User
    Yeah the Movies & Tv app.

How exactly do I uninstall it? I dont see an uninstaller in the start menu .

also I went to the microsoft store and I can seee there's an update for the Movies a& TV app however when i click update it just says "pending"

any ideas?

sgtfrog, Dec 11, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Under Apps, right click Movies & TV and choose Uninstall, restart the computer.

spunk, Dec 11, 2016
  7. sgtfrog Win User
    Uninstall isnt an option that's available for Movies and TV.

I went to the "Apps and Features " and when i select Movies and TV theres 2 buttons under it that says "Move" and "Uninstall" both of them are greyed out and wont allow me to Click them.

I right clicked Movies and TV in the Start menu but there is no Uninstall option. Just pin to task bar/ unpin taskbar.

It seems like the update for Movies and TV doesnt want to install and might be why i cant use this app anymore. I get an

Error code: 0x80070002

did a google search on this error Code and tried fixing it using some recommended steps. ie: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/910336 but this didnt help either.

I'm still getting the same issue.

sgtfrog, Dec 11, 2016
  8. mrgeek Win User

If you have free CCleaner, click Tools/Uninstall. Otherwise,
    Open an elevated PowerShell from search/r-click Run as Admin, like this -

"The app didn't start"  windows 10 video app [​IMG]

(To remove Movies & TV app from all current accounts on PC) Copy and paste/ Enter -
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart/ go to Store and Get Movies & TV app again.

mrgeek, Dec 11, 2016
  9. sgtfrog Win User
    @mrgreek

I followed you're steps. It uninstalled the player! HOWever after trying to reinstall it. I'm still getting the same exact error code.

Error code: 0x80070002

I'm trying various things people say might work for this error Code but so far nothing is working. frustrating really.

sgtfrog, Dec 11, 2016
  10. sgtfrog Win User
    actually this Error code doesnt seem to be limited to only the Movies and TV app.

pretty much all the apps that try to install or update in the microsoft store is giving me the Error code 0x80070002

is there any fix to this?

sgtfrog, Dec 11, 2016
  11. mrgeek Win User
    In the Store, do you see your account logo next to Search, indicating that you are signed in with your MS acct ? If not, sign in with the account registered to the Store. Also, try disabling your anti-virus which may be blocking downloads. Beyond that, here's a link to the Windows App Troubleshooter. Run it, see what it finds -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-windows-apps

mrgeek, Dec 11, 2016
  12. spunk Win User
    Go to Start/Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Dec 11, 2016
  13. sgtfrog Win User

Yes I'm signed into my account.

I've signed out and signed into it. I've tried changing my account to a "local account" some people on youtube said this would fix the issue but it hasn't.

I dont have have any Anti virus software. other than the basic microsoft defender.

This whole issue only started after a reboot a few weeks ago. I'm assuming after a recent windows 10 update.

I just tried that troubleshooter. It said that my internet temporary files were changed to something else and that i should reset the path to The default. I let it fix the error. I just rebooted and tried the store again and It's still giving me the same error code.

I just did a sfc / scannow. It found some errors and Fixed something. But that didnt solve the problem.

and Now i just did a DISM.exe/Online / cleanup-image/ restore health. It found an error 0x800f081f
    Im currently researching what this means...

sgtfrog, Dec 11, 2016
  14. sgtfrog Win User
    Problem Solved.

I contacted microsoft support about the issue. Basically my windows 10 version was not the latest update.
    Windows update wasn't finding and updating to the latest version.

So I let microsoft take over my computer. They performed a force update. This took about 45 minutes to do.

After the update was down and after the computer rebooted several times. The issue has now been resolved. Everything is working well.

sgtfrog, Dec 11, 2016
  15. TAZ
    Taz Win User
    Morale of the story:
    Microsoft are incompetent monkeys who can't get an OS done right after 30 years.

I'm having the same issue, and I JUST installed Windows 10 on my device. I ain't calling no support. No time for that.

Thema:

1. "The app didn't start" windows 10 video app - Similar Threads - app didn't start

2. "the app didn't start"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "the app didn't start": hello ! so i have a problem in my pc wheen i launch a windows package appx or windows store it gives me the problem "the app didn't start" the microsoft store says "ms-windows-store: the app didn't start" and on packages installers it says "C:\users\PackageName.appx "the app...
  3. "the app didn't start"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "the app didn't start": hello ! so i have a problem in my pc wheen i launch a windows package appx or windows store it gives me the problem "the app didn't start" the microsoft store says "ms-windows-store: the app didn't start" and on packages installers it says "C:\users\PackageName.appx "the app...
  4. The App Didn't Start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The App Didn't Start: Photos stopped working and I received "The App didn't start" prompt anytime I trying launching it. I followed a discussion with various methods of resolving the issue including, checking for updates, using the wsreset.exe, using CMD to remove photos on my PC and finally...
  5. The App Didn't Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The App Didn't Start: Photos stopped working and I received "The App didn't start" prompt anytime I trying launching it. I followed a discussion with various methods of resolving the issue including, checking for updates, using the wsreset.exe, using CMD to remove photos on my PC and finally...
  6. The App Didn't Start

7. The app didn't start error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The app didn't start error in Windows 10: Hello,There is an issue with my PC where any of the apps does not open whenever I want to open a certain app for the past few weeks.For example: When I click any type of file or even media it says "The app didn't start". Thereby, I cannot open any of my apps in windows.Also,...
  8. Photos App 'The App didn't start.'

Photos App 'The App didn't start.': 'Photos' gives me the source and address of the image but simply states, 'The App didn't start.' I have used Powershell to uninstall and reinstall the app. I have uninstalled the app and downloaded it again from the Microsoft Store. But still no joy. What can I do next?...
  9. App didn't start

App didn't start: My Microsoft photos app didn't start message show to me while photos open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-didnt-start/5bb5cc0d-b690-45c9-a29e-a421bc54d606
  10. The App didn't start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The App didn't start: after i reinstall windows 10 this happens to me, when i open microsoft apps an error pops up saying ''The app didn't start ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches, How do i fix this i cant update my apps or use any microsoft apps......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the app didnt start in films and movies

2. the app didnt start in the required time