Windows 10: The app menu keeps showing up instead of my home screen and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Discus and support The app menu keeps showing up instead of my home screen and I don't know how to get rid of it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot get rid of this page .[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fsiu, Oct 20, 2020.

1. fsiu Win User

The app menu keeps showing up instead of my home screen and I don't know how to get rid of it.

I cannot get rid of this page . The app menu keeps showing up instead of my home screen and I don't know how to get rid of it. edd62426-7af5-42c0-9a4b-3a6c1f566f6c?upload=true.png

:)

2. DexyChan Win User

How to make the Apps list show up first instead of Tiles in Menu Full Screen mode

The app menu keeps showing up instead of my home screen and I don't know how to get rid of it. fae41641-1abb-448c-a9fd-d0fe3a83ec3b?upload=true.jpg

I've seen suggested that turning "show app list in start menu" would do so, but I want the APPS list to show up FIRST instead of TILE. I HATE Tiles, have an option to disable or choose an order of priority!

DexyChan, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Snipping Tool / (Screen Shots-Capture)

1. In the Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab first check ( tick ) the Show hidden files, folders and Drives and then Apply.
    2. Now navigate to C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Program.
    3. Inside this Program folder , you will find the 'Accessories' folder.
    4. Drag and drop the Accessories Folder on your Start Menu or All programs.
    Did this work ?

If all works again i suggest to go back to Step 1 and re-select Don`t show hidden files. folders and Drives then Apply. so you don`t accidentally delete some of these.

Frank N St31n, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Yvonne Win User

The app menu keeps showing up instead of my home screen and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. The app menu keeps showing up instead of my home screen and I don't know how to get rid of it. - Similar Threads - app menu keeps

2. I don’t know how to get rid of this number on the screen:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don’t know how to get rid of this number on the screen:: Sometimes the number goes into 16 or 4 like it always changes and I really don’t know how to get rid of it because I’m kind of new to the system...
  3. I don’t know how to get rid of this number on the screen:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don’t know how to get rid of this number on the screen:: Sometimes the number goes into 16 or 4 like it always changes and I really don’t know how to get rid of it because I’m kind of new to the system...
  4. I don’t know how to get rid of this number on the screen:

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Strange red box I don't know how to get rid of.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange red box I don't know how to get rid of.: It appears after login into the main desktop, I can move it about but it does not show up on any recording software as a program of its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-red-box-i-dont-know-how-to-get-rid-of/b27c31ae-9e9a-4384-accf-fbd653ef0fe5
  6. i know how to get rid of yahoo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i know how to get rid of yahoo: fist press ctrl+shift+ese and then end all task but do not end the browers one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-know-how-to-get-rid-of-yahoo/9bc17b16-58da-4fbf-a98c-b40a41254cc9
  7. Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them: I have a folder full of music but all the songs are sequestered in sometimes multiple folders, but I want them all to be in just the ONE folder. I tried just copying all the .mp3 files into a new folder, but they stayed in their little folders anyway. Can anyone tell me how...
  8. How to get rid of the home page I set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of the home page I set up: well DUH! I set Gopher as the home page. I eventually get tired of it but I could not get rid of it. No matter how many home pages I tried, I was stuck with gopher.com. I got rid of it be erasing the task bar icon and starting from the menu. Voila! I made a new task...
  9. how do i get rid of these apps on my screen???

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get rid of these apps on my screen???: [ATTACH]how the heck do I get these apps of my screen without deleting them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-apps-on-my-screen/c0873c00-2298-4e01-87a4-067886410d98
  10. how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen: how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-a-brightnesscontrast-box-that/c6db69d8-5b03-420b-af75-9a9950cb4acf