Windows 10: The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error

Discus and support The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]While turning off a virtual machine in Hyper-V, if you are getting The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 31, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error

The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error The-application-encountered-an-error-while-attempting-to-change-the-state-of.png
    While turning off a virtual machine in Hyper-V, if you are getting The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state error, here is how you can fix it. It appears when an action is running in the background, and you are clicking the Turn Off button in between. Here is how you can bypass this […]

This article The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 31, 2021
  2. HamzaUmar Win User

Hyper-V: The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state

There is some issue that I'm facing in Hyper-V manage. Whenever a make a new virtual machine, configure it and turn it on, I encounter this error:

The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error e36fd252-643d-4f22-8482-b835feecd12e.png

On another machine that I've tested, it works fine. Has someone faced this before? Is it because there's a problem with Windows installation? Any suggestions are welcomed.

HamzaUmar, Jul 31, 2021
  3. HyperV issue : the application encountered an error while attempting to change the state of new virtual machine

Hello team,

I need your urgent help please, I've tried to start VM machine under Hyper V Windows 2008 R2 but always fail with below error.

it was working on the beginning then suddenly get stopped. even more I tried to create a new VHD machine but fail to initiate it with the same error. checked the bios settings for the physical server, increased memory for the virtual machine, followed up
    all tips I found in google but no luck.

"the application encountered an error while attempting to change the state of new virtual machine"

The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error 379f8909-cc8b-4df6-8adf-134b7b8166d1?upload=true.png

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated to resolve this issue.

thanks in advance

Best regards

AzizOumssrouh, Jul 31, 2021
  4. The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error

Win10Pro, Hyper-V and missing files

I am aware that does not install Hyper-V, it was from me attempting to clear up the issue that was preventing me installing Hyper-V. The dism log when issuing the commands;

• DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V
    • DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
    Show the exact same errors, so I was guessing were rooted in the same cause.

StuartEagles, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error

1. The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state – Hyper-V error - Similar Threads - application encountered error

2. Hyper-V Manager failed to change state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Manager failed to change state: I issued something seems to be a bug.I am running Linux virtual machine Ubuntu 20.04, and I got kernel-panic inside the machine literally called panic function.When I Power the machine off virtually, by the manager everything happen just fine.The problem happens when I try to...
  3. Hyper-V Manager failed to change state

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V Manager failed to change state: I issued something seems to be a bug.I am running Linux virtual machine Ubuntu 20.04, and I got kernel-panic inside the machine literally called panic function.When I Power the machine off virtually, by the manager everything happen just fine.The problem happens when I try to...
  4. Hyper-V Manager failed to change state

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hyper-V Fails to change state and start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Fails to change state and start: Hi all,I hope someone is able to assist me with an issue that I am having.We have got our DC Server which is slowly being phased out running in a Hyper-V in a Windows Server 2016 server.This server has been running without fault for approx. 4 months now, and then on Tuesday,...
  6. Hyper-V Fails to change state and start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Fails to change state and start: Hi all,I hope someone is able to assist me with an issue that I am having.We have got our DC Server which is slowly being phased out running in a Hyper-V in a Windows Server 2016 server.This server has been running without fault for approx. 4 months now, and then on Tuesday,...
  7. Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder: [ATTACH]If you are getting Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder while importing a virtual machine, check out these tips and tricks to get rid of this issue. It appears when you have a corrupted virtual machine hard disk in the...
  8. Hyper-V encountered an error while loading the virtual machine configuration

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V encountered an error while loading the virtual machine configuration: [ATTACH]While importing a virtual machine on Hyper-V, if you are getting Hyper-V encountered an error while loading the virtual machine configuration error, here is how you can fix it using these tips and tricks. This error mainly occurs when you import the same virtual...
  9. Error: Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: Hyper-V: A window show up one I clicked finished this what is says: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-hyper-v/1d057431-d7a6-40f5-96e5-747c14fcef4b
  10. Hyper-V error: "Failed to change state" -

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V error: "Failed to change state" -: How can I fix this. I have excellent backups. Is there something I need to restore besides the VHDX? Can I delete the AVHDX files? Thanks I am running my Hyper-V host on a Windows 10 stand-alone PC. I created a Windows XP VM. It had been working fine for a long, long time....