Windows 10: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect...

Discus and support The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Really struggling to understand how I can fix my pc. Several apps now fail with the message "The application has failed to start because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by F1Addict94, Jul 5, 2020.

1. The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect...

Hi all,

Really struggling to understand how I can fix my pc.

Several apps now fail with the message "The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect", including the media creation tool. I was getting by without certain apps, but it's now affecting Steam and basically anything else that's useful on the pc. Each restart seems to break more things.

Various services on my pc have stopped working correctly including base filtering engine, which in turn has stopped my windows defender firewall from opening.

Windows updates fail to install with the code 0x8007007e, so I was attempting to bypass this by upgrading with the media creation tool, however this won't run either.

System file checker runs but fails with "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" doing an online scan, and I can't boot to command prompt to run an offline scan as my monitor stays blank and undetected until Windows is open.

dism returned the error 4448, "The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table" but again fails to repair.

I've attempted changes to the registry suggested by other answers to these issues and nothing seems to work.

Trying to use the repair functions fail again because my monitor isn't detected until my user profile loads. So reset with my files and clean install seem to be out of the question.

I can't access the bios to boot to disc and repair using the original CD either, since Windows 10 screwed up changing to UEFI mode and I can't access legacy or UEFI.

So if I can't run the media creation tool or clean install, what can I actually do to fix my system?

Thanks,

Jack

:)

F1Addict94, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Phillip Pio, Jul 5, 2020
  4. WAHALL Win User

The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect...

"WINDOWS 10 error The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect.

"WINDOWS 10 error The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect.

WAHALL, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect...

1. The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect... - Similar Threads - application has failed

2. The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect: I've tried to start an .exe file and received the following message: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect. Please assist. The file is for an older PC game, and I would really like to start playing it. How do I fix this...
  3. The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect: I've tried to start an .exe file and received the following message: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect. Please assist. The file is for an older PC game, and I would really like to start playing it. How do I fix this...
  4. The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect...: WINDOWS 10 Pro error The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. I am getting the error ""WINDOWS 10 error The application has failed...
  5. This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.: When opening a file, the error "This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail" comes up. I tried to download and install the Microsoft...
  6. "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect."...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect."...: Hello, I've tried to download an older version of Roblox, a brickbuilding game, but when I try to launch it, the same error as the one in the title always shows up. I have tried checking the Event Viewer only to find nothing related to the error. I've also installed every...
  7. "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect."...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect."...: Hello, I've tried to download an older version of Roblox, a brickbuilding game, but when I try to launch it, the same error as the one in the title always shows up. I have tried checking the Event Viewer only to find nothing related to the error. I've also installed every...
  8. The application has failed to start because its-side-by-side configuration is incorrect

The application has failed to start because its-side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Hello, I'm having an issue with my computer, when I try to open almost ANY application I get the following error: "The application has failed to start because its-side-by-side configuration is incorrect" I have tried installing all the reinstalling all c++...
  9. The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect: All my installed programs won't open and any new installation including the visual c++ would not install. they all respond with the "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect". Please I need assiastance on how toresolve this...
  10. The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect

The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect: I tried opening a program on my windows 10, but it keeps on saying "The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." What do I do?...