Windows 10: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5) error

Discus and support The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5) error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; on my PC any time i try to open certain apps, (Steam, Discord, Razer Synapse) i get the error message in the title and im unable to open these apps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OziVander, Jan 14, 2019.

1. OziVander Win User

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5) error

on my PC any time i try to open certain apps, (Steam, Discord, Razer Synapse) i get the error message in the title and im unable to open these apps, ive researched this issue and uninstalled all 3rd party anti virus (AVG) to no avail, it seems that no matter how many times i restart or change settings nothing works, any advice on how to fix this issue?

:)

OziVander, Jan 14, 2019

2. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5), click ok to close the application

the steps you recommended for clean boot i cannot even go through one step of it because for each step they are showing the same message - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5). Even settings
    or control panel is not opening. please help me. i have an exam in a month and all my materials are in the laptop and i cannot open anything at all.

MadhuraChakrabarty, Jan 14, 2019
  3. theglobin Win User
    Windows 10 0xc00000e5 application unable to start correctly

I'm trying to run an application called MySQL Workbench which has been working perfectly fine up until last week which now displays the error message below.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail and talking to the Microsoft support helpline I'm passed from department to department with no resolution.

I need this to do my uni coursework, I'm at my wit's end *Mad

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5) error [​IMG]

theglobin, Jan 14, 2019
  4. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5) error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5), click ok to close the application

I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 this week, but after upgrade I get a lot of errors of the format:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5). CLick OK to close the application.

When I try to start up the majority of applications and even certain system apps like Event Viewer etc.

I've tried the following to resolve this:

• Clean up the registry using an application like Wise Registry CLeaner
    • Ran sfc /scannow against my C: drive
    • Ran chkdsk /f/r against my C: drive (took roughly 36 hours against my 1.8TB drive).
    But none of these have seemed to make any difference.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error or any recommendations? This error also prevents me from moving back to Win7 or resetting Windows.

Thanks!

hrocafella, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5) error

1. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5) error - Similar Threads - application was unable

2. Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b'

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b': I am getting the following response when I submit my exe file on MS Store. The product crashes at launch and displays the error message 'TCA.exe - Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b'. Windows build issue is observed on 21H2...
  3. Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b': I am getting the following response when I submit my exe file on MS Store. The product crashes at launch and displays the error message 'TCA.exe - Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b'. Windows build issue is observed on 21H2...
  4. Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003e

Error the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003e: I tried to install better discord for discord application the version downloaded from website. But after the installation, it showed up message error: "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003e"How can I fixed this?...
  6. Error 0xc00007b “Application was unable to start correctly”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xc00007b “Application was unable to start correctly”: Hi all, please help me with this Error 0xc00007b “Application was unable to start correctly”I get this response when I attempt to install SmartFTP on my laptop. I have tried all the various suggestions without success, thanks in advance. Also is there a Microsoft source where...
  7. Application Error 0xc00000e5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Error 0xc00000e5: Error text goes something like: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc00000e5. Click OK to close the application. It popped up for the apps that normally open at start-up. It blocks NvBackend, DropboxUpdate, Steam, OneDrive, as well as preventing me from...
  8. Error the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00005

Error the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00005: who knows what happened to my computer this month.some applications on my desktop cannot be opened then a message "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc00005".some of these applications such as battle.net is an application to play some games like overwatch and...
  9. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5) error"

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5) error": I started up my Pc this morning to find that im unable to open most programs on my computer, when my pc started up i was shown mutliple messages of "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5). Click ok to close this application" pertaining to apps like Steam,...
  10. Windows 10 0xc00000e5 application unable to start correctly

Windows 10 0xc00000e5 application unable to start correctly: I'm trying to run an application called MySQL Workbench which has been working perfectly fine up until last week which now displays the error message below. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail and talking to the Microsoft support helpline I'm passed from...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device not started vmxnet3ndis6 0xc00000e5 windows 2016