Windows 10: The applications will not start.

Discus and support The applications will not start. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After installing the latest updates in Update Manager, I restarted my PC and found that no Microsoft applications were working. The troubleshooter says... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LaurenMurray5, Nov 24, 2021.

1. The applications will not start.

After installing the latest updates in Update Manager, I restarted my PC and found that no Microsoft applications were working. The troubleshooter says that it cannot find a problem. After trying everything I could get on the internet, I come here to see How can I solve this?

:)

LaurenMurray5, Nov 24, 2021

2. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    KB3197954 causing application start error 0xc22

To further help you with your issue,
    follow the troubleshooting
    methods below:

Method 1: Clean boot the system

To check if there isn't any 3rd party software conflict, i.e., if any 3rd party application or startup item is causing
    the issue, you may try to clean boot the system and check for the issue. To perform a clean boot, refer to this

link

Note:
    Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2: SFC scan

We also suggest you to scan your system with the System file checker to resolve any corruption with the program
    files. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Start, click
      All Programs
      and open
      Accessories.

• Right-click on
      Command Prompt
      in the Program list and then select
      Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for
      confirmation, type your password, or click OK.

• In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:

sfc /scannow

For further reference, refer to this

link

Method 3:

We also suggest you to check if there is any application called "CA
    Internet Suite" installed in your system. If you find such an application, follow these steps to uninstall the application:

• Open
      Programs and Features
      by clicking the
      Start
      button, click
      Control Panel, go to
      Programsand then click
      Programs and Features.

• Select the program, and then click
      Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
      type the password or provide confirmation.

Let
    us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

The applications will not start.

No recent document for applications on start menu

These list of recent files are called Jump Lists. Windows 10 still has them, but now you get them by right-clicking on the application on the Start menu (or on an application pinned to the taskbar).

If you can't see a jump list this way, check that 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar' is turned on in:
    Settings > Personalise > Start

NB: Be careful with this setting. The way to clear all Jump Lists is turn this setting off then back on again.

Thema:

The applications will not start.

1. The applications will not start. - Similar Threads - applications start

2. Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started: it keeps popping up on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proclnfo-exe-this-application-can-not-be-started/0db1ab36-54f7-490b-86ae-7e3622ff606a
  3. Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started: it keeps popping up on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proclnfo-exe-this-application-can-not-be-started/0db1ab36-54f7-490b-86ae-7e3622ff606a
  4. the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect: the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its/64c22daf-900b-4e92-9dd4-1dfc3f9677b2
  5. the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect: the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its/64c22daf-900b-4e92-9dd4-1dfc3f9677b2
  6. I have notes -mc-wns-client.exe-this application could not be started. This application...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have notes -mc-wns-client.exe-this application could not be started. This application...: I have notes -mc-wns-client.exe-this application could not be started. This application requires the Windows App Runtime Version 1.3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-notes-mc-wns-clientexe-this-application/fcde0264-ea91-4a6c-bfcc-e1638f778821
  7. I have notes -mc-wns-client.exe-this application could not be started. This application...

I have notes -mc-wns-client.exe-this application could not be started. This application...: I have notes -mc-wns-client.exe-this application could not be started. This application requires the Windows App Runtime Version 1.3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-notes-mc-wns-clientexe-this-application/fcde0264-ea91-4a6c-bfcc-e1638f778821
  8. how to solve The Application Has Failed to Start Because Its Side-By-Side Configuration Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to solve The Application Has Failed to Start Because Its Side-By-Side Configuration Is...: Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\acad.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for...
  9. how to solve The Application Has Failed to Start Because Its Side-By-Side Configuration Is...

how to solve The Application Has Failed to Start Because Its Side-By-Side Configuration Is...: Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\acad.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for...
  10. "Proc.Info.exe- This application could not be started" How to can resolve this problem?

"Proc.Info.exe- This application could not be started" How to can resolve this problem?: Hi everyone. Every time I start my PC, I get this popup. How can I solve it? Thank you all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/procinfoexe-this-application-could-not-be-started/39783652-4c6f-42c3-a824-7d55abd4bc91