Windows 10: The Apps in Settings Crashed and would not open

Discus and support The Apps in Settings Crashed and would not open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Apps in Settings Crashed and would not open in several accounts. I just checked the account I am using now and the Apps is working. I have Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A123, May 28, 2019.

1. A123 Win User

The Apps in Settings Crashed and would not open

The Apps in Settings Crashed and would not open in several accounts. I just checked the account I am using now and the Apps is working. I have Event log entries for the crashes. Here is some information from one of the entries.

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x066bf1a5

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.86, time stamp: 0xda9755c4

Exception code: 0xc000008c

The pc is running Windows 10 Pro Build 18362.116

I am going to check and see if one of the problem accounts is working for apps again. I did check the C: drive (SSD) for errors and no errors found.

:)

2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. The Apps in Settings Crashed and would not open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 28, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, May 28, 2019
  4. The Apps in Settings Crashed and would not open

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 28, 2019
Thema:

The Apps in Settings Crashed and would not open

1. The Apps in Settings Crashed and would not open - Similar Threads - Apps Settings Crashed

2. Additional Mouse Settings would not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Additional Mouse Settings would not open: I tried opening the hyperlink found in settings that says "Additional Mouse Settings" but it wouldn't work. I also tried going to Control Panel to open the dialog box from there but it wouldn't open....
  3. Additional Mouse Settings would not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Additional Mouse Settings would not open: I tried opening the hyperlink found in settings that says "Additional Mouse Settings" but it wouldn't work. I also tried going to Control Panel to open the dialog box from there but it wouldn't open....
  4. Additional Mouse Settings would not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  6. Settings app crashing every time I open it

Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  7. Crash setting app while opening in window 11

Crash setting app while opening in window 11: I want to tell you that I am using windows 11 in my laptop, since 17 january 2022 , i was update my window , and after that time , setting app is not opens , when i am clicking on setting icon then its crash . kindly tell me the solution to resume as before.....
  8. Crash setting app while opening in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash setting app while opening in window 11: I want to tell you that I am using windows 11 in my laptop, since 17 january 2022 , i was update my window , and after that time , setting app is not opens , when i am clicking on setting icon then its crash . kindly tell me the solution to resume as before.....
  9. Unable to open settings app to view settings as it crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open settings app to view settings as it crashes: I am unable to open the settings app to view it and access it. It immediately crashes. This started only recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings-app-to-view-settings-as-it/9dd2994e-ba55-40d8-ab89-5fb93f097e22
  10. Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.: [ATTACH] I was using my microphone on my razer headset a few days ago, until I come back, and it had just stopped working. The headset works fine, but the mic does not seem to be recording any sound. I have already checked the sound control panel and everything is selected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe version: 10.0.18362.1 time stamp: 0x066bf1a5

2. settings will not open in windows 10