Windows 10: The 'apps' on my laptop are getting uninstalled automatically

Discus and support The 'apps' on my laptop are getting uninstalled automatically in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; the apps are getting uninstalled automatically. I noticed this when I was about to install java. I opened my folder where i keep my apps and saw that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VardaanSrivastava, Dec 3, 2020.

1. The 'apps' on my laptop are getting uninstalled automatically

the apps are getting uninstalled automatically. I noticed this when I was about to install java. I opened my folder where i keep my apps and saw that there was no other program file. and slowly my other apps started uninstalling themselves. Please help me

:)

VardaanSrivastava, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Apps getting reinstalled automatically after uninstalling

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after uninstalling few applications, they get installed again. However, we will need the following information from you:

• Are you able to uninstall the applications successfully?
    • Does this issue occur only with these particular applications?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Ideally, if you uninstall an application, it wouldn’t install again without users permission. It could be that the apps are showing as recommended applications. However, once you uninstall the applications, you can go ahead and check the installed
    apps on the computer and see if the applications show up in installed apps. Follow the steps to check the same:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Scroll down and check if the applications are installed.

You may also, refer the steps mentioned below to avoid installation of apps:

1. Press Windwos key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Start on the left pane and toggle the switch for
      Show suggestions occasionally in Start to turn it off.
    4. Now, open Microsoft Store.
    5. Click on Ellipsis (…) and click on
      Settings.
    6. Toggle the switch for Update apps automatically to turn it off.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 3, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

The 'apps' on my laptop are getting uninstalled automatically

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

The 'apps' on my laptop are getting uninstalled automatically

1. The 'apps' on my laptop are getting uninstalled automatically - Similar Threads - 'apps' laptop are

2. Automatically uninstalled my integrated camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically uninstalled my integrated camera: I have a hp touch smart Pavillon, windows 7 64--bit and the integrated camera has uninstalled and disappeared! Trouble is there is no longer ho support for my computer or windows 7 so I have no way of reinstalling itI need the camera for online study lectures which is all...
  3. Automatically uninstalled my integrated camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically uninstalled my integrated camera: I have a hp touch smart Pavillon, windows 7 64--bit and the integrated camera has uninstalled and disappeared! Trouble is there is no longer ho support for my computer or windows 7 so I have no way of reinstalling itI need the camera for online study lectures which is all...
  4. several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.: HP app, disney plus and even the microsoft app store have all vanished and even more bizarre is none of these apps can be reinstalled without an error occuring. even tried installing back the microsoft app through terminal. error! also cant access notifications in the taskbar...
  5. several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    several apps uninstalled automatically and taskbar issues.: HP app, disney plus and even the microsoft app store have all vanished and even more bizarre is none of these apps can be reinstalled without an error occuring. even tried installing back the microsoft app through terminal. error! also cant access notifications in the taskbar...
  6. Brightness of my laptop gets reduced automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness of my laptop gets reduced automatically: Brightness of my laptop gets reduces automatically and becomes zero. Even if increased back to normal, brightness goes down again and again. Tried updating the drivers but still no happiness. How could this be resolved?...
  7. Apps Getting Uninstalled Upon Restart

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps Getting Uninstalled Upon Restart: Greetings, everyone. I have ran into a problem a while back, with apps constantly getting uninstalled after each system reboot. These apps include: Xbox Game Bar Movies & TV Groove Music Mail and Calendar Your Phone Xbox Console Companion This happens on both of my...
  8. Microsoft apps uninstalled automatically!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft apps uninstalled automatically!: Hello! This is an unprecedented & totally unexpected problem I'm facing with Microsoft Office 365. Previously, I encountered Application Error while trying to open MS Word so I ran Online Repair over it. It had been running for over 4 hours & the process wasn't over, but my...
  9. laptop gets restarted automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop gets restarted automatically: Hi i have a Windows 10 Laptop , My laptop gets restarted automatically after when i press shut down option. i can't shut down my laptop it keep on restarting itself . i need to use the power button to turn off . can anyone please help me to solve this problem Thank you...
  10. I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop: details Windows 10 home Version 1803 Inspirion 13-7378 Intel core 2.4 GHz 64 bit operating system I inadvertently uninstalled one of the programs on my laptop. Unfortunately all I saw before it went away was that it was a Microsoft apt. But I don't know which one. And...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps uninstalled automatically in desktop

2. Why all apps have been unistall on my laptop

3. turned on computer and my apps are uninstalled