Windows 10: The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.

Discus and support The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This update crashed my desktop with hundreds of important work documents and training ppts. I tried to re-boot 10 times. Got a black screen with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinHuckshorn, Apr 24, 2020.

1. The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.

This update crashed my desktop with hundreds of important work documents and training ppts. I tried to re-boot 10 times. Got a black screen with a message that was intended for an IT expert. As such I had to send it in to get a new hard-drive. Cha Ching.

Thanks a lot. Cold day in hell before I update again before checking with the online community. This update was a disaster. DONT DO IT!

:)

KevinHuckshorn, Apr 24, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 24, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot.

1. The April 14th "update" crashed my desktop. Thanks a lot. - Similar Threads - April 14th update

2. April 14th 2024 Bomb Defusal Challenge won't load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    April 14th 2024 Bomb Defusal Challenge won't load.: I have repeatedly reset and reinstalled the desktop app and I am running windows 10. Nothing has helped for days now...any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-14th-2024-bomb-defusal-challenge-wont-load/89b2ec49-d283-47b2-8076-76e1506ed1d0
  3. April 14th 2024 Bomb Defusal Challenge won't load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    April 14th 2024 Bomb Defusal Challenge won't load.: I have repeatedly reset and reinstalled the desktop app and I am running windows 10. Nothing has helped for days now...any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-14th-2024-bomb-defusal-challenge-wont-load/89b2ec49-d283-47b2-8076-76e1506ed1d0
  4. Oct 14th update crashed my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oct 14th update crashed my computer.: As of right now, waking up this morning to an update that seemed to crash my computer. I have alot of music on there and productiin software i dont even have the disc for anymore, and as of this morning am now resetting it hopefully fixes it but please tell me i havent lost...
  5. July 14th update

July 14th update: Both My desktop and my laptop computers stopped working after the july 14th update. Same build on both Windows 10 machines . Both boot to the login screen. After i login i get an error that says a file is missing. Then a black screen. Can not do anything but force it to shut...
  6. The windows update that came out on april 14th is ruining my pc and I cant fix it

The windows update that came out on april 14th is ruining my pc and I cant fix it: I recently updated my pc on april 20th, the update was the one that came out on april 14th, this update has being ruining my pc and I have tried everything to fix it but I cant, I reset it twice, I tried to uninstall the update but it did not show up, I have contacted tech...
  7. Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th...

Slow boot into windows after installing either the March broken updates, or the April 14th...: From the updates spanning from the beginning of March to the updates put forward yesterday, installing any of them causes my pc to boot incredibly slowly. I'm booting from a HDD, but before installing these updates i had boot times of around 1 minute, but is now sitting at...
  8. My computer crashes a lot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashes a lot: I have a decent gaming pc and recently my computer been having some blue screen problems. Also, whenever I run a game they either crash after a little while, crash while loading or have low performance. So, I was wondering if anyone here can help me?...
  9. Restore Point -- Thanks a lot, Microsoft.

Restore Point -- Thanks a lot, Microsoft.: Two months ago, I set a Restore Point prior to installing a new display device driver. The new display device driver didn't work out, so yesterday I tried to restore from the saved Restore Point. Windows had deleted the Restore Point. Thanks a lot, Microsoft....
  10. April 14th 2015 Windows Updates Details

in Windows 10 News
    April 14th 2015 Windows Updates Details: Today, as part of Update Tuesday, we released 11 security bulletins. We encourage customers to apply all of these updates. For more information about this month’s security updates, including the detailed view of the Exploitability Index (XI), visit the Microsoft Bulletin...