Windows 10: The audio output device setting in 'App volume and device preferences' doesn't actually...

Discus and support The audio output device setting in 'App volume and device preferences' doesn't actually... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In 'App volume and device preferences', I set an output audio device other than the default device for my app. I then closed and reopened the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by davidwUU, Jan 20, 2020.

1. davidwUU Win User

The audio output device setting in 'App volume and device preferences' doesn't actually...

In 'App volume and device preferences', I set an output audio device other than the default device for my app. I then closed and reopened the application for my change to take effect.

Windows 10 did remember the sound devices I assigned to the individual app whenever I launched the app. But my app will not output to the assigned audio devices at all. It persists to output to the default one.

What's wrong?

My app is simple enough. It's a console application written with C#.

var synthesizerMy = new SpeechSynthesizer;

//synthesizerMy.SetOutputToDefaultAudioDevice;

synthesizerMy.Speak"Are you ready?";

synthesizerMy.Dispose;

And I am sure that the driver of this assigned audio device works well. When I change the default output audio device to it, my app then will output to this usb audio device.

So, I wonder why the output setting for my app in 'App volume and device preferences' does not work at all.

My Windows 10 Pro is Ver. 1909.

Thank you for your advice.

:)

davidwUU, Jan 20, 2020
  2. ITM
    itm Win User

How to add desktop shortcut to App volume device preferences?

I frequently want to change which audio output device is used by specific apps, and would like to add a desktop shortcut which opens the "App volume device preferences" settings page. Is there any way of doing this? e.g. is there is an ms-settings:xxxx URI that I can use for this specific settings page?

3. ITM
    itm Win User

No it's the Settings page that lets me select which audio input/output device is used by each running App

4. Edwin Win User

The audio output device setting in 'App volume and device preferences' doesn't actually...

Don't know of a shortcut description for that page, sorry,
    you could use the classic Volume Mixer though: sndvol...

The audio output device setting in 'App volume and device preferences' doesn't actually... [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. The audio output device setting in 'App volume and device preferences' doesn't actually... - Similar Threads - audio output device

2. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19042I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  3. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19042I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  4. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19043I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  6. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19043I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  7. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. App volume and device preferences doesn't remember device per App

App volume and device preferences doesn't remember device per App: Hi, I've got a little problem with audio in Win10 19042.906. The "App volume and device preferences" doesn't remember the Audio output device for the Application. Although it shows in the settings that the output is Set as I select, the Output is the same as the Default...
  9. App volume and device preferences

App volume and device preferences: [ATTACH] For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them and everything. So, I...
  10. App volume and device preferences

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App volume and device preferences: https://i.imgur.com/E7kKZT4.png For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c# mixer volume