Windows 10: The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden

Discus and support The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I try to connect to an ethernet that is secured using 802.1x. Unfortunately the authentication tab is missing from the ethnernet properties. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aber_Kaaaarl, Jul 31, 2020.

1. The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden

Hi!

I try to connect to an ethernet that is secured using 802.1x. Unfortunately the authentication tab is missing from the ethnernet properties. I already searched for a solution. But nothing I found changed the situation.

- "Wired Autoconfig" & "WLAN Autoconfig" services are started automatically

This seems to be a common unsolved problem.

How to proceed here?

Best regards

Daniel

PS:

One of the many links where the same issue was discussed but not solved:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/8021x-authentication-issues-for-wired-connection/40fc82a2-7ddd-4f35-abc7-d126ba5b518f

Screenshot:

The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden 31035444-4624-4ab8-84cf-613e8ab77f1d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Aber_Kaaaarl, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

3. W1zzard Win User
    Command line/tab

No plans to implement that. Many users (including me) look at tab 1, then click sensors tab 2 quickly and close the app. Expectation is that it will start at tab 1 again.

W1zzard, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden

Command line/tab

OK, thanks!
    (I assume maybe this was suggested before...)
    May I ask, what exactly does such a routine have in mind - why look at tabs 1, then 2, then quickly close the app?

Thema:

The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden

1. The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden - Similar Threads - authentication tab ethernet

2. Prevent Alt Tab From Toggling Through Edge Tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Alt Tab From Toggling Through Edge Tabs: When I use Alt + Tab, I want it to just toggle through the apps I have open, but not include the tabs that are open in Edge. How do I change this to just toggle open apps? I thought older versions of Edge had a setting to turn this on or off, but I'm not seeing this in...
  3. Prevent Alt Tab From Toggling Through Edge Tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Alt Tab From Toggling Through Edge Tabs: When I use Alt + Tab, I want it to just toggle through the apps I have open, but not include the tabs that are open in Edge. How do I change this to just toggle open apps? I thought older versions of Edge had a setting to turn this on or off, but I'm not seeing this in...
  4. Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings: I've tried all the network troubleshooters, but I haven't gone into BIOS or control panel to fix it.As you can see, there is not ethernet option. I don't know if I need to go to a shop to fix it....
  5. Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings

Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings: I've tried all the network troubleshooters, but I haven't gone into BIOS or control panel to fix it.As you can see, there is not ethernet option. I don't know if I need to go to a shop to fix it....
  6. Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Shortcuts on New Tab hidden by default?

in Browsers and Email
    Shortcuts on New Tab hidden by default?: Hello, I have set Edge Chromium to open a new tab at launch or when clicking the "plus" sign, containing customized shortcuts to websites. Usually these shortcuts are immediately visible but recently I'd have to click the "unfold" arrow to reveal these shortcuts every time I...
  8. No 802.1x Authentication tab on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No 802.1x Authentication tab on ethernet: The university I go to uses an Eduroam internet that uses PEAP authentication. I am on Windows 10. I am unable to authenticate the connection. Although I am able to connect to my ethernet back home with this computer. When I go to the properties of my ethernet adaptor it...
  9. Unable To Turn On Hidden Ribbon Tabs

Unable To Turn On Hidden Ribbon Tabs: Hi, I'm unsure if Office is packaged differently across countries, but I'm running a family pack license and reading the 2010 Word Bible, there's apparently an Outlining Tab (and others) checked in the 'Main Tabs' window of Customize Ribbon. But in the main Ribbon of the...
  10. Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs: Hi all, I recently downloaded Windows 10 Pro and Display Fusion (I prefer it) for my multi-monitor setup and now when I alt-tab I see : [img] Which are many miscellaneous applications that seemingly have no use. I'm not quite sure if it's a problem with my Windows or...