Windows 10: The "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" mode makes the entire system...

Discus and support The "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" mode makes the entire system... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" mode makes the entire system stutter every time the desktop background changes, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darkus__, May 5, 2020.

1. The "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" mode makes the entire system...

The "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" mode makes the entire system stutter every time the desktop background changes, I've checked every single forum and nobody has really solved this complication (turning off the option is not a solution.)

There might be a problem in the management of the hardware, but I can't really asses the nature of this problem.

submitted by /u/Darkus__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darkus__, May 5, 2020

2. Automatically pick an accent color from background does not work.

I perform a clean boot, it does not work, still the same problem !!! I perform like you said a sfc
    to check the system file integrity, doesn't work either. The system files are clean, no errors.

To be able to make windows pick an accent color from my Desktop background wallpaper, I have to manually do it in
    Setting / Personalization / Colors by turning off
    and on the "Automatically pick an accent color from background" button slider.

I'm on my Surface Pro 3

I did a clean install after upgrade from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro.

Dnimyranib, May 5, 2020
  3. "Automatically pick an accent color from background" is dying

I've been using my (warranty replaced) Surface for about 2 months. Since new I have used the "Automatically pick an accent color from background" feature in themes, in combination with DisplayFusion Pro 9.1 managing my background (I wouldn't necessarily
    need to use DF if Windows themes would let you set the same background on 2 monitors, but that's another issue). I have the background set to change every 30 min.

Two days ago I un-docked my Surface, went to a meeting, and about 30 min later I re-docked at my desk. I noticed the Start Menu, Taskbar and folder titles had reverted to Windows default blue. On the "Colors" menu, the "Automatically pick an accent color
    from background" box was checked, as was the box for Windows blue. I unchecked and checked the "picker" box and the blue box. Nothing. So I restarted and that fixed it.

Yesterday morning when I got in, when I woke up my Surface, "Automatically pick an accent color from background" had stopped working again. I checked and unchecked the "picker" box, restarted, changed backgrounds. Nothing. While the Start menu was not working,
    folder title bars were...or so I thought.

This morning I had time so I did some troubleshooting. When I change from Picture to Slideshow, the "Automatically pick an accent color from background" works - it chooses a color from one of the two images on my 2 monitors and applies it correctly. However,
    I also noticed that now when I change back to Picture, the Start Menu and Taskbars change to Windows blue, but folder title bars revert to a grey color it had chosen from a background two days ago. If you manually set the color, the Start Menu, Taskbar, and
    folders titles all change. Checking the "Automatically pick an accent color from background" box, the Start Menu and Taskbar go to blue, the folder titles got to that certain grey.

This small, unimportant issue is driving me crazy.

And before the MS chuckleheads recommend updating/patching etc, I did that just prior to posting here. I'm on the brand spanking newest version with the latest updates as of this posting. And no, I'm not willing to try the nuclear option (reinstalling Windows)
    first thing out of the gate.

Anyone here ever experience this issue? Anyone able to shed light on how to fix it? Anyone at MS know why this setting randomly decided to go rogue?

Robert Drouhard, May 5, 2020
  4. flxmse Win User

The "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" mode makes the entire system...

Setting Title Bar colors to bright when the option Automatically pick an accent color from my background is toggled On

Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar.
    Thank you.

***Original title: title bar color, windows 10***

flxmse, May 5, 2020
Thema:

The "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" mode makes the entire system...

1. The "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" mode makes the entire system... - Similar Threads - Automatically pick accent

2. My background and accent colors switch positions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My background and accent colors switch positions.: My background color is pink and my accent color is periwinkle. The accent color should show only on the taskbar and menu. While the taskbar always stays the color I've selected, the background color switches with the accent color. For example, when I am shutting down my PC...
  3. My background and accent colors switch positions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My background and accent colors switch positions.: My background color is pink and my accent color is periwinkle. The accent color should show only on the taskbar and menu. While the taskbar always stays the color I've selected, the background color switches with the accent color. For example, when I am shutting down my PC...
  4. My background and accent colors switch positions.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. colors, accents of both apps and background

colors, accents of both apps and background: Hi, suddenly, the colors of not only my background on my main screen, but so did the background in every app. My excel is now black with white lettering, with pink borders. when i log into work remotely, my outlook when from the traditional white background with blue...
  6. accent color on illustrator in dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    accent color on illustrator in dark mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/6lackWRLD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv1ypz/accent_color_on_illustrator_in_dark_mode/
  7. Using default W10 wallpaper and "pick an accent color from my background" and "Show accent...

Using default W10 wallpaper and "pick an accent color from my background" and "Show accent...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/1oyu0vheip351.png?width=564&format=png&auto=webp&s=fb3ba26f8a04c4238b467948e8d370c17f14216e submitted by /u/benjaminnyc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gz1phl/using_default_w10_wallpaper_and_pick_an_accent/
  8. Change app color background back to accent color

Change app color background back to accent color: [ATTACH] I got the new app icons (mail, maps, calendar and others) but they are now all on a blue tile instead of the accent color I had picked How do I get the icons back on the red accent color?...
  9. Accent color changes when chrome is in the 'background'

Accent color changes when chrome is in the 'background': [ATTACH] Hi - I have my windows color settings set to yellow for start, taskbar, action centre, title bars and window borders. For about a day now, whenever i move something in front of my chrome window, the upper bar turns blue instead of yellow. How do i change this?...
  10. Setting Title Bar colors to bright when the option Automatically pick an accent color from...

Setting Title Bar colors to bright when the option Automatically pick an accent color from...: Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar. Thank you....