Windows 10: The background desktop is black and wont load and icons or files on it.

Discus and support The background desktop is black and wont load and icons or files on it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had my laptop in sleep mode and I was preparing to get back on it and when I did it had died. I powered it back on again and I logged in normally but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pyromaniac146, Apr 7, 2020.

1. The background desktop is black and wont load and icons or files on it.

I had my laptop in sleep mode and I was preparing to get back on it and when I did it had died. I powered it back on again and I logged in normally but when I got on I could move my mouse and look at the task bar, however the desktop was completely black. There were no other issues with anything and even in the desktop folder it shows all the previous files. What could be the causes and solutions to this problem?

submitted by /u/Pyromaniac146
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pyromaniac146, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Desktop background goes black

I have a picture here of my desktop background. Notice how behind the icons is black. Now the entire background just blacked out. I also have problems with menus in apps. Notice how Synctoy isn't displaying the menu correctly. What is going on?
    The background desktop is black and wont load and icons or files on it. [​IMG]

The background desktop is black and wont load and icons or files on it. [​IMG]

pjmcguirk85, Apr 7, 2020
  4. The background desktop is black and wont load and icons or files on it.

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

The background desktop is black and wont load and icons or files on it.

1. The background desktop is black and wont load and icons or files on it. - Similar Threads - background desktop black

2. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  3. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  4. My desktop background changes to black and weird icon positioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop background changes to black and weird icon positioning.: Hello!Sometimes, when I move any icon on my desktop it starts having a black background around it and when I move a couple of them my background changes to black altogether. I have to restart my PC to change it back to my previous background.Also, sometimes, when I download a...
  5. My desktop background changes to black and weird icon positioning.

My desktop background changes to black and weird icon positioning.: Hello!Sometimes, when I move any icon on my desktop it starts having a black background around it and when I move a couple of them my background changes to black altogether. I have to restart my PC to change it back to my previous background.Also, sometimes, when I download a...
  6. Icons and Background turn black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and Background turn black?: I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 Series laptop, which I got about a year and a half ago. Over the past couple months, sometimes when I hover over an icon, it turns black. If I highlight my desktop, that turns black too. Why does this happen and how can I fix this?...
  7. Help! Overlapping desktop icons show a black background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Overlapping desktop icons show a black background?: [ATTACH] I am currently attempting to make a desktop background with overlapped icons, but when I overlap the icons, there is a weird black box around the icons. It disappears when I select the icons, but comes back when I unselect. I tried refreshing multiple times and...
  8. desktop wont load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop wont load: hi up until a few weeks ago my pc was working fine,then while I was out my daughter accepted an update from then on my pc won't load desktop! also task manager. I've tried a couple of youtube options to no avail. I left it as I got stressed now I want it to work. can...
  9. taskbar icons wont load

taskbar icons wont load: somehow the task bar icons wont load at all. so i cant get into control panel. whats causing this? oh sorry, taskbar icons wont load at all..so i clicked multiple times to bring them back up, so its fine now.....but whats with the delay? 64946
  10. Desktop background goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background goes black: I have a picture here of my desktop background. Notice how behind the icons is black. Now the entire background just blacked out. I also have problems with menus in apps. Notice how Synctoy isn't displaying the menu correctly. What is going on? [img] [img] 83640