Windows 10: The Background theme (image) showing Black after changing the AppData/Roaming Location

Discus and support The Background theme (image) showing Black after changing the AppData/Roaming Location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I came across the Thread on the forum- have the same problem, Only I have changed location of my AppData/Roaming folder from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Russian Neo, Jul 8, 2019.

1. The Background theme (image) showing Black after changing the AppData/Roaming Location

I came across the Thread on the forum- have the same problem, Only I have changed location of my AppData/Roaming folder from C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming to E:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming (basically, moved the Roaming folder to drive E via Location tab in the Properties of Roaming folder).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-locked-on-solid-colorwindows-10/758a7144-9daf-447c-b8b2-98de595f86bd?page=1

Above thread suggests to remove the TranscodedWallpaper file (which I did)- and when I try to set any image as a Background, it does nothing, my screen stays Black.

Also, when I try to go to the Personalise menu (by right clicking on Desktop) and changing the Solid colour to Image- it instantly switches back to Solid colour by itself.

Any working ideas?

I have Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit Activated

and Nvidia Graphics card (if it matters)

:)

Russian Neo, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

Background Picture Location

If wishing to dig further, the first line here is the location of the installed Themes images and the second line is the image currently displayed, will change if selecting Next desktop background:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\RoamedThemeFiles\DesktopBackground

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles

Berton, Jul 8, 2019
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 8, 2019
  4. The Background theme (image) showing Black after changing the AppData/Roaming Location

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

The Background theme (image) showing Black after changing the AppData/Roaming Location

1. The Background theme (image) showing Black after changing the AppData/Roaming Location - Similar Threads - Background theme image

2. appdata\roaming\serviceget\rarusak.dat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    appdata\roaming\serviceget\rarusak.dat: how do fix this problem , when i open task manager it said its from autolt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdataroamingservicegetrarusakdat/bbb040d1-a568-44e5-8db4-8851270c304c
  3. appdata\roaming\serviceget\rarusak.dat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    appdata\roaming\serviceget\rarusak.dat: how do fix this problem , when i open task manager it said its from autolt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdataroamingservicegetrarusakdat/bbb040d1-a568-44e5-8db4-8851270c304c
  4. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA: hello i was trying to move my Roaming Folder from AppData to Drive D: but I set the location to D: instead of D:/roaming using "Change location" on the properties of the roaming folder now my entire Drive D: is considered as the roaming folder and all the folders and files...
  5. AppData Roaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    AppData Roaming: c:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\wjdvdtdI am getting this type of message on a black screen on the startup of the windows 10.so can someone please help me out what is the problem?...
  6. Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...

Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...: I've uninstalled a password manager app called ''Myki'' from my pc but it has still a folder in hidden Appdata/Roaming/.. i dont want any traces left because i need a fresh reinstall.. deleting a folder in hidden Roaming folder cause any trouble? actually i've deleted it but...
  7. Background image went black and can’t be changed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background image went black and can’t be changed: Hello everybody, I’m currently using a Thinkpad laptop with Windows 10 that I borrowed from my university (I don’t own it). When I first got it, it had the desktop wallpaper so I changed it to a more exciting image. About two days later, I noticed that the wallpaper had...
  8. black background using a theme

black background using a theme: I have windows 10 and I'm using a theme. But for some reason I have a black ground, how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-background-using-a-theme/68ae77ba-4d78-48a0-8322-26f146383931
  9. appdata roaming

appdata roaming: y am I or it roaming??? **** is it meaning? I haven't moved for ages I only roam to the fridge bleedin confuses me this interwebby stuff does, giz a shout cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-roaming/20a7b3de-7438-4266-94de-3ed825c78d75
  10. AppData Roaming folder

AppData Roaming folder: I have accidentally deleted my AppData folder and I can't recover it. I bought my laptop from UK and the windows and drivers were preinstalled in it. And I have not any disc form where I can redownload drivers or windows licensed version. what should I do even powershell is...