Windows 10: The backup application could not start due to an internal error

Discus and support The backup application could not start due to an internal error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows comes with an inbuilt backup solution, but if it fails due to an internal error you will see a message which says – The backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 9, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

The backup application could not start due to an internal error

WinClub, Jan 9, 2019

2. “The backup application could not start due to an internal error: Server execution failed (0x80080005)" Windows 10

Hi,

I'm getting “The backup application could not start due to an internal error: Server execution failed (0x80080005)" after upgrading from Windows 7 pro.

Appreciate if anyone has suggestions on how to fix this error?

Thanks,

LedZeppelin2104, Jan 9, 2019
  3. clackey Win User
    “The backup application could not start due to an internal error: Server execution failed (0x80080005)" Windows 10

I'm confident I have found the problem, but I am blocked from doing it.

I upgraded this system from Win-7, to Win 10 last November. I and still have not been able to back it up with Windows Backup.

In the C:\System Volume Information folder, among other folders and data, I find two folders (Read Only) dated in 2013 and I can't delete them. 1) WindowsImageBackup, and 2) Windows Backup.

When I click link "Setup Backup" it starts and waits about a minute, then post error "...The backup application could not start due to an internal error: Server execution failed (0x80080005)"

I'm betting the application wants to configure and store data in the folder, but can't get access.

I put the hard drive in an XP system, and a Windows 7, then Windows 10 systems. They can't access the drive at all. Yes, I know why.

I believe... if I can delete those two folder, it will solve my problem.

clackey, Jan 9, 2019
  4. dastabi Win User

MS backup errors

The backup application could not start due to an internal error:

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it 0x80070422

dastabi, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. The backup application could not start due to an internal error - Similar Threads - backup application start

2. UwpLauncher.exe. - This application could not be started.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UwpLauncher.exe. - This application could not be started.: it states that application requires following version of .NET Framework v4.0.30319I have tried installing the version while installing it shows that new version already installed and when I checked the Windows Feature both .NET Framework v4.8 and v3.5 are on. The error keep...
  3. Error: IGCCTray.exe The application could not be started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: IGCCTray.exe The application could not be started: Hello, Microsoft. This error message has made me confused in some recent days.This message appears after booting the system: "This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:.NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2Do you want to install this .NET Framework...
  4. Error: IGCCTray.exe The application could not be started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: IGCCTray.exe The application could not be started: Hello, Microsoft. This error message has made me confused in some recent days.This message appears after booting the system: "This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:.NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2Do you want to install this .NET Framework...
  5. Error: IGCCTray.exe The application could not be started

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. This application could not be started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This application could not be started: HelloI am trying to install a software called flip clock in my windows 11 but when i am installing it shows me error "This application could not be started. Do you want to view information about this issue?" i clicked yes and follow all steps but still i am facing the same...
  7. This application could not be started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This application could not be started: HelloI am trying to install a software called flip clock in my windows 11 but when i am installing it shows me error "This application could not be started. Do you want to view information about this issue?" i clicked yes and follow all steps but still i am facing the same...
  8. The back up application could not start due to an internal error, Server execution failed 0x80080005

in Windows 10 Customization
    The back up application could not start due to an internal error, Server execution failed 0x80080005: When I use windows backup and and start set up back-up , It gives the message, 'The back up application could not start due to an internal error, Server execution failed 0x80080005 How to solve it please Please detail...
  9. Error: This application could not be started

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: This application could not be started: This always comes up, but I don't really know why or what a .net Framework is. My computer seems to work ok but I don't know how to make it go away.[ATTACH] ***Modified title from: I don't know what this means... Do I need to do something?***...
  10. Update.exe -This application could not be started

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update.exe -This application could not be started: Two days ago when I started up my Desktop PC I tried to launch Discord an application for talking to people online, however, I received this message. [ATTACH] After reading the error message over I clicked yes and downloaded the .NET Framework file. However, once I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the backup application could not start due to an internal error: Server execution failed

2. The back up application could not start due to an internal error in Windows 7

3. The backup application could not start due to an internal error