Windows 10: the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically

Discus and support the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently I realized that even when i am not using my laptop HP PAVILLION x360 it drains my battery i tried to check whats the problem. I generally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TIRTHA SADHANBEHERA, May 15, 2020.

1. the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically

Recently I realized that even when i am not using my laptop HP PAVILLION x360 it drains my battery i tried to check whats the problem. I generally don.t shut down my laptop, I put it in hibernate using the start>power>hibernate option. I tried checking the system event in event manager. I hibernated the laptop using start>power>hibernate option, waited for a minute and then turned on the laptop by pressing power button. On checking the events i find that the laptop resumed from sleep automatically. Here are the pics for reference. the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically 4ae5f7a9-3f38-47b6-93e7-1aeb1603ee43?upload=true.png

1: hibernate my laptop why does it say sleep?

the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically 147043a8-13ff-4c36-8ea8-142b0ecdd042?upload=true.png

2: automatically resumed from sleep but why?

the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically 3c2804c1-960a-4b7f-a235-dd2474812edf?upload=true.png
    3. something I don't understand

the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically fe4dfdfe-df0a-4737-b1bf-0bc7c5036e3d?upload=true.png

4: I turn on the laptop

whats happening?

THANKS FOR THE HELP

:)

TIRTHA SADHANBEHERA, May 15, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 15, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 15, 2020
  4. the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically

PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the PC is waking from sleep mode as soon as you set it for sleep mode.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to find out that the issue is due to the wireless mouse and keyboard you are using.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the power management tab for the driver and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Expand the Keyboard and Mouse drivers.
    4. Double-click on the drivers and click on Power Management tab.
    5. Un-check the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.
    6. Click on OK and close the device manager.

Try putting the PC to sleep mode and then check if the PC is waking up automatically.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 15, 2020
Thema:

the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically

1. the battery level automatically decreasing and may be system waking up from sleep automatically - Similar Threads - battery level automatically

2. Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep: I am unable to put my Lenovo laptop in sleep. When I put it to sleep, it wakes automatically up within a minute, without me doing anything.I checked even viewer. Below are the screen shots. It says Reason: Power Button in sixth screenshot, but I did not push it. Whats going...
  3. Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep: I am unable to put my Lenovo laptop in sleep. When I put it to sleep, it wakes automatically up within a minute, without me doing anything.I checked even viewer. Below are the screen shots. It says Reason: Power Button in sixth screenshot, but I did not push it. Whats going...
  4. My laptop wake up automatically in sleeping mod.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop wake up automatically in sleeping mod.: As the Subject.When I let my laptop sleep , it will wake up immediately about 3-10 second.The screen is not only the welcome screen.but login screenThere is no correlate task in Task SchedulerI don't know what wake my laptop up.There is no further update....
  5. PC wakes up automatically from Sleep mode

PC wakes up automatically from Sleep mode: Hi, I have Windows 10 version 2004 and earlier it didn't go to sleep mode after closing the lid,I did in place upgrade. Now that problem is solved. But new problem is that Laptop wakes up from sleep mode automatically just a few seconds after I put it to sleep mode. However...
  6. My sleep mode wakes up automatically

My sleep mode wakes up automatically: How do you keep the computer in sleep mode until you want to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sleep-mode-wakes-up-automatically/ac9fe4b8-cd01-49d3-8b2e-7df756b45e4c
  7. PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC waking up automatically from sleep mode: On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The only thing that works if I remove MS wireless mouse 5000/keyboard 3050 transceiver. Then the monitor stays asleep (of course,...
  8. Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode: I checked the check box 'Connect Automatically' , but after restarting, wake up from sleeping mode it won't connected. Instead showing a message 'Action Needed' below the SSID. So we must click connect to connect wifi....
  9. Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically

Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically: Windows 10 wakes up from sleep automatically...i changed the option in sign in options to PC wakes from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wake-up-from-sleep-automatically/38e1faf4-90b2-415d-830d-d6d266b326dd
  10. computer automatically wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer automatically wakes up from sleep: Hi. I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it. When put in sleep mode, my computer automatically wakes up at a set time. I have disabled wake timers in the power menu, I have...